oven cleaning

(25 Posts)
HelenF35 Mon 14-Mar-16 20:13:55

Does anyone have any tips? I can never get mine clean properly and it's seriously in need of a clean right now!

TheGirlOnTheLanding Mon 14-Mar-16 20:17:44

Lurking for tips firmly own neglected oven. Spent about an hour scrubbing it after trying the bicarb/vinegar paste tip and the door is sparkling but the base still fairly revolting. I know OvenPride is highly recommended on here but it scares me cleaning wimp that I am.blush

HelenF35 Mon 14-Mar-16 20:24:22

I'm seriously contemplating paying someone but I thought I'd consult the gurus on here first.

AnotherRubberDuck Mon 14-Mar-16 20:34:23

These. They're amazing!! I was shocked at how easy it was!

Liberated71 Mon 14-Mar-16 20:35:28

The Lakeland stuff is amazing

wheresthel1ght Mon 14-Mar-16 20:41:27

I can't use most of the shop products as they set my asthma off and mine is in desperate need. I intend to steal borrow my mums steam cleaner thingy when she goes on holiday and see how that works

PurpleCrazyHorse Tue 15-Mar-16 09:04:54

Bicarbonate of Soda and a bit of water to make a paste, plus a green scourer gets all the grime off the glass door (if you have them)

toots111 Tue 15-Mar-16 20:16:53

I pay someone. Money well spent!

JapanNextYear Tue 15-Mar-16 20:18:29

Pay someone. Really.

Peaceandloveeveryone Tue 15-Mar-16 20:19:59

I had someone in to clean a tenants oven that hadn't been cleaned for ten years, I was seriously considering just paying to put a new one in, it was so awful. It cost £100 but best money I ever spent, did the double oven and extractor fan which he re lined too.

Land42 Tue 21-Jun-16 07:40:01

I got ovenu in, worth every penny. Oven looks like new. I tried the supermarket cleaners but they removed hardly any of the burnt on stuff.

skivvywoman Tue 21-Jun-16 16:25:24

Vinegar and bicarbonate soda my oven was minging and came up like new

user1464934899 Tue 21-Jun-16 16:48:27

I use Astonish Oven & Cookware cleaner It's a fantastic cleaner and always leaves my oven sparkling.

Diamogs Tue 21-Jun-16 16:50:37

I've just had my oven done for £40 from a local company. It looks like new. I've tried oven pride and other things but none of them got it as clean as he did.

wowfudge Tue 21-Jun-16 17:24:31

Another vote for Oven Pride. It is excellent.

fussychica Tue 21-Jun-16 19:16:03

DS just had a local company in to do his before he moves out, as stipulated by his rental agreement. He was mightily impressed and said it now looks brand new. Shame the one in his new flat hasn't had the same treatment, though thankfully it is clean just not super clean.

I use oven pride which is great but then I don't let mine get bad.

Sixpencenonethericher Wed 22-Jun-16 16:36:17

The Lakeland one Is brilliant I'm asthmatic too

jennasmith951 Mon 27-Jun-16 11:49:39

I've had my oven cleaned by a cleaning agency as well and they left it in a spotless condition. Actually, I use them on a regular basis to help me with the general cleaning. They are really good and definitely worth the money. If you are interested, this is their website: FastKlean Hope this helps.

Skybluepinkmum Wed 29-Jun-16 20:35:44

Just a word of warning about Oven pride. I put some in the oven and left it to do its magic but didn't think to tell my husband, who put on the oven and burnt it on to the sides. I tried to scrub it off when it had cooled and a flake chipped off, went in my eye and stung like crazy. I had to go to a and e to have gallons of salt water poured into my eye and was told I was lucky not to be blinded by it as it's really strong stuff. It works beautifully on the oven but be cautious and be cleverer with it than I was!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 29-Jun-16 20:39:57

I use a dishwasher tablet dipped in boiling water then rubbed on the oven door- easy peasy and works a treat.

The wire racks I shove the dishwasher and then the black stuff just dishes off.

Flibjibbet Thu 30-Jun-16 06:18:37

Wilkinson's own version of oven pride! It's a BBQ grill and oven cleaner, comes with a bag for the racks and bottle of solution (some to go in the bag, some to go round the oven) I've stock piled it. The added bonus that it's only £1!!!! I just used some Cif on the door with the scrubby side of the sponge. When we moved in the door was completely brown, I'd assumed it had some kind of amber frosting over it, as soon as I cleaned with the sponge scrubber & cif it came straight off!

Groovee Thu 30-Jun-16 06:53:48

I pay someone to clean mine after I burnt my arm on oven pride. The guy comes once a year and does an amazing job.

rabbit123 Thu 30-Jun-16 10:03:55

We had ours professionally cleaned by ovenclean & now just keep on top of it ourselves. Quick spray and a wipe out weekly keeps it all clean now

xandra588 Thu 30-Jun-16 11:10:39

I use FastKlean for a month(ish) for my oven and couple years for my home. I'm really delighted by their services. You might want to give them a try. smile

nannybeach Fri 01-Jul-16 14:28:24

Have just used the Oven Pride after seeing an e-mail from Mumsnet saying how good it was. My ovens werent terribly dirty Im not one of these folk who leave them for months, a couple of things had split while cooking. I didnt rate it that highly, the shelves or the bottoms of the ovens still needed scrubbing. The stuff was difficult to use for me, I read carefully and followed the instructions, I have a small kitchen,small round sink, nosy puppy, so desided to put the bag containing the shelves inside the greenhouse and close the door for safety. It did not say, put the bag upright, and the picture on the box looks as though its on its side, well, some of the stuff leaked out, good job it was the greenhouse, I couldnt carry the dripping bag indoors, so I took it carefully to the outside drain, and a watering can full of hot soapy water, rinsed the shelves over the drain, and cleaned out the bag, wont bother with all this again. Had to carefully scrub the greenhouse floor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now