Talk

Advanced search

Housekeeping help!

(6 Posts)
Fatty12 Tue 08-Mar-16 21:58:52

Helloo :-))

IA moved in to my first property a few months ago. I generally know how to housekeep but there's something I need help with and would be grateful for your advice.

Firstly, the grout/blackmarks around the bathroom tiles and the side of the bath which is joint to the wall; i have no idea how to get them off. I'v even bought a steam cleaner but i'm just clueless. What do you all do? Theres not a huge amount of grout but I want to keep on top of it.

Thankyou

RoganJosh Tue 08-Mar-16 22:01:52

In my experience if you slosh some bleach onto it and leave it for a few hours it comes off grout. If it's the silicon seal stuff, rather than grout, then this doesn't always work and you need to replace it.

Sayz1982 Tue 08-Mar-16 22:04:31

Mould and mildew spray by dettol is good to use on grout and with a lot of elbow grease and a couple of cleans u will notice the difference

lurdes51 Wed 09-Mar-16 18:56:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

dodobookends Wed 09-Mar-16 19:17:21

Black grout - arm yourself with some thick bleach and a toothbrush. Dribble the bleach all along the grouting, leave for a bit, then scrub. Works a treat.

Queenbean Wed 09-Mar-16 19:22:33

I'm extremely lazy and just squirt the bleach on the tiles then leave for an hour or so. Works like a charm! No scrubbing required

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now