Talk

Advanced search

Oven cleaning ! Help !

(13 Posts)
dgcoco5 Tue 08-Mar-16 15:49:59

What's the most effective method /products you use to clean oven !? I hate cleaning oven .feels it takes forever 😕!

toots111 Tue 08-Mar-16 16:04:52

I'm getting a man in to clean mine tomorrow! Can't wait!

dgcoco5 Tue 08-Mar-16 16:14:44

Nice ! How much is going ratesmoothly these days ?!..

wowfudge Tue 08-Mar-16 16:35:47

Oven Pride is my choice - stick the shelves in the bag overnight and let the stuff do the hard work. I also use a Stanley scraper on the oven door and anything stubbornly welded onto the oven bottom.

ceres Tue 08-Mar-16 20:18:44

Our oven was absolutely manky before Christmas and I didn't have the time or money to get the oven man in. I googled and went with ammonia - Apparantly this is only suitable if you have an electric oven.

So - heat oven to 200 then turn off. Put a bowl of ammonia on the top shelf and a large bowl of boiling water on the bottom shelf and leave overnight. In the morning all the gunk will just wipe off! I used paper towels to get the worst of it off then tipped the bowl of ammonia into warm water with a bit of washing up liquid. Rinse and that's it. One gleaming oven without too much effort.

StealthPolarBear Tue 08-Mar-16 20:20:40

I agree with oven price but Mr muscle also did a good job recently. Plus a barbecue wire wool on a stick to scrub the shelves

Bunbaker Tue 08-Mar-16 20:28:49

Oven Mate.

It really is the business.

louisefranklin83 Thu 10-Mar-16 06:34:59

Hey, where do you live? I use these chaps - John's oven cleaning ( 020 3404 4096 ) - but I am in Maidenhead, so they are close to me. Once I cleaned with baking soda and vinegar paste, once. But I had to leave the oven overnight - I can't imagine that happening ever again since I cook every single night.

dgcoco5 Thu 10-Mar-16 12:56:44

Oh I'm miles away from Maidenhead! Maybe Ii l Google for a professional to come in at the last resort !sad. Will try baking soda & vinegar -how much did you use Franklin?

QforCucumber Thu 10-Mar-16 13:01:11

Shelves, shelf holder racks etc all in dishwasher on hottest wash - the carbon just wipes off then.
Mr muscle spray foam stuff for the rest.

Bunbaker Thu 10-Mar-16 17:14:38

I must be stupid. it has never occurred to me to put the shelves in the dishwasher blush

I use a silicone oven liner for the base. I can just remove it for easy cleaning.

StealthPolarBear Thu 10-Mar-16 19:24:27

The dishwasher doesn't really remove the burnt on stuff. I put mine on when scrubbed with wire wool.
liners thank you! I always plan to use them but when I actually get round to it rhe thing is too filthy. It's clean at the moment and I am going to buy some!

daisydalrymple Thu 10-Mar-16 19:50:09

Oven pride. It's simple. You put the shelves into a bag slosh some solution in, seal it and leave overnight. Wipe the rest of the solution around the inside of the oven, also leave overnight. In the morning, pour the solution out of the bag, wash the sparkling shelves and wash the inside of the oven out.

It's fairly toxic stuff and would dry your hands out, but just follow the instructions to the letter and it's simple. On sale in the supermarkets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now