Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got built in wardrobes which incorporate the stair bulkhead?

(3 Posts)
ineedaholidaynow Sat 05-Mar-16 13:02:03

I am in the process of decluttering which includes sorting out wardrobes. In the 2 largest bedrooms there are built in wardrobes which incorporate the stair bulkhead. The top shelf and the clothes rail go across the whole width of the wardrobe including over the bulkhead. The bulkhead bit has been flattened so in effect makes a shelf.

At the moment I store bed linen and towels on one bulkhead bit, and on the other I have jumpers, tops, trousers etc. I have also hung a small fabric shoe rack which I have used as shelves and put t-shirts in etc. However, it is not that easy to get clothes from the bottom of the piles and the piles usually end up in a complete jumbled mess.

Hopefully after decluttering I might not have so many clothes and I am also considering the Kondo method of storing clothes, but I would really like to maximise the space where the bulkhead is. Does anyone else have wardrobes like these and how do you use the space?

HopeClearwater Sat 05-Mar-16 23:35:34

Try searching for this on Pinterest; they have some ideas there.

NancyDecca Mon 07-Mar-16 15:38:29

Ineed , I have this in one wardrobe and bought some plastic boxes which fit on the shelf where the bulkhead is "squared off" and the top shelf. You can then, if you are more organised that me, fold your clothes Kondo style into the boxes. If you mean the fabric compartments in the shoe thing - would it help if you rolled the t shirts up and poke them in , rather than folding and stacking?

Hope I've understood what you were talking about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now