Please recommend me a washing machine. Our 10 yr old Bosch is giving up the ghost

(16 Posts)
lavenderdoilly Thu 03-Mar-16 17:31:42

We will soon need a new washing machine. Standard size. We use it at least once a day. We have a 10 year old Bosch and are likely to go with that again in the absence of any brighter ideas but your recommendation would be most welcome. Ta.

mrsooomoo Thu 03-Mar-16 18:38:54

My Bosch has just expired at 15. the Repair man said that Bosch's don't last that long now and recommended a Miele. However it is twice the price. Do not touch Hotpoint.
Have a look on which they have great guides.

dontmicrowavethegrapefruit Thu 03-Mar-16 18:57:01

We love our Miele, eleven years and no problems. They're not cheap but as a cost per wash it's pretty reasonable now!

TheOddity Thu 03-Mar-16 19:10:32

My Electrolux is ten years in and going strong....

lavenderdoilly Thu 03-Mar-16 20:31:54

Thanks - good food for thought.

partystress Thu 03-Mar-16 20:37:57

Miele worth every penny if you get one with the free 10 year guarantee. On my second, first used at least once every day, duvets, dog beds, mats etc etc and still lasted 12 years. That's more than four times longer than any we'd had previously.

Lalalili Thu 03-Mar-16 20:40:16

My repairman said Miele too.

SwedishEdith Thu 03-Mar-16 20:40:32

Recently replaced our 12 year old Bosch with a Siemens. Did loads of research and, basically, all said Miele. Didn't want to pay that and this came as next best. Got from JL and, I think, there was an special offer of a 5 year guarantee when we bought.

This one, I think

allwornout0 Fri 04-Mar-16 09:56:21

I have a 10 year old Siemens, it came with a 10 year guarantee.
One week before the guarantee was up the brushes needed replacing (the only thing to ever go wrong with the machine), I had excellent service from Siemens in replacing them.
I have to say that I have been really impressed and whenever I need to change machines I would only get another Siemens.
I have read a few times over the years about Miele guarantee not being as good as people had expected when they needed to make use of it.

DramaAlpaca Fri 04-Mar-16 10:00:18

I'd have loved a Miele but it was out of my budget sadly. I got a Siemens instead & I love it.

rabbit123 Fri 04-Mar-16 17:43:17

Miele, without a doubt. Totally worth the extra cost. It's little things that I appreciate. Our old washer wouldn't always spin if it was even slightly unbalanced and it took 2hrs45mins to wash. The Miele spins everytime, gets everything clean, doesn't take too long and is built like a tank.

EarSlaps Sat 05-Mar-16 08:16:43

We have a 5 1/2 year old Siemens (so now just out of warranty) and it washes really well. Good range of programs and you can chose to run on a speed or an eco setting.

We had a Hoover one before that lasted 15 months. And didn't wash anywhere near as well as the Siemens whilst it was working.

We did consider a Miele but it was just that bit too expensive. Plus with young children we thought it could end up with coins, sticks and Lego figures in it to potentially break it and that wouldn't be covered by a warranty. Maybe next time.

lavenderdoilly Sat 05-Mar-16 17:53:28

Thanks again. Never considered Siemens. Will do now.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 06-Mar-16 08:58:43

I think Miele for the work horse machines like wm or dw.

I got a Bosch and it's not brilliant, I'd expect more for £500 and wish I'd saved another £200 for the mieles.

They have an outlet store in Abingdon.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sun 06-Mar-16 18:21:37

I got a Bosch and after fifteen months the whole tub had to be replaced, repair man was two hours doing it. Thankfully it was still under warranty, but am not confident that the same problem want happen again.

Madbengalmum Sun 06-Mar-16 18:24:28

Have a bosch, but wont have a miele because they dont have a pause to open function, and as i regularly stop the wash to add things i have forgotten it is important to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now