Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are there any good washer/dryers?

(11 Posts)
yetanotherdeskmove Thu 25-Feb-16 14:42:26

We have a 15yo hotpoint washer dryer which has been great (made when hotpoint still made good machines according to our repairman) however the bearings have now gone so it's time for a replacement.

Are there any good ones or am I better buying separates? Repair man recommended a Bosch but I think it's out of budget and I could get decent separates much cheaper.

Madbengalmum Thu 25-Feb-16 14:48:20

I have always been told by repairmen that separates are better. Washer dryers tend to go wrong more than separates apparently.
I have a bosch washer and dryer and cant recommend highly enough.
Same for dishwashers too.

Madbengalmum Thu 25-Feb-16 14:50:13

To add, not sure of your budget but the cheapest bosch i have seen today was £279.
They almost always have the pause facility, which i use alot as i do tend to drop or forget to add something to the wash.

ouryve Thu 25-Feb-16 14:58:57

Separates are much better if you have the space.

I don't though and have a Siemens, which I bought from John Lewis, along with an extended guarantee - which has so far paid for itself! (Bitter experience told me it owuld be a good idea)

Most are crap. Some are OK. They all break. It's what happens when they break which seems to be the winning factor for me, which is why I went for Bosch-iemens, this time, rather than AEG. We're talking 2-3 days for an attempted fix, rather than 2-3 weeks, when something goes wrong.

yetanotherdeskmove Thu 25-Feb-16 14:59:45

Oh that's good value, I thought they were dearer - where did you see that? I like the sound of the pause as I am always finding a sock or pants that got dropped on the way!

yetanotherdeskmove Thu 25-Feb-16 15:06:15

Oh dear that's not good ouryve sad Our hotpoint has been great. Yes we've had it repaired a couple of times, but just small things and I think it was over ten years before it needed anything!

ncforthe1000thtime Thu 25-Feb-16 23:02:03

I've had a zanussi w/d for about 3 months and it's pretty good so far. Was warned against w/d but no room for second machine and I was fed up of crispy towels!

yetanotherdeskmove Fri 26-Feb-16 12:29:39

We've gone for a Bosch washer and a second hand zanussi dryer so if that doesn't last I'm not as bothered and we can replace it down the line if it does.

BeyondBootcampsAgain Fri 26-Feb-16 12:52:35

We have a hotpoint one, its about five years old. I'm not sure at what point they allegedly became crap though?

dontcallmelen Sun 28-Feb-16 20:50:13

Hi have just got washer dryer from John Lewis £539.00 with a three year guarantee, i am really pleased with it, great improvement on my previous one which was a neff.
The dryer part is really good, three different drying levels & washing comes out practically crease free & no damp patches, drys a lot quicker than my previous machine, also incredibly quiet would throughly recommend.

dontcallmelen Sun 28-Feb-16 20:52:39

Sorry forgot to say it's branded John Lewis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now