Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a Super king zip and link bed?

(3 Posts)
emn1 Thu 18-Feb-16 07:40:51

Hi there, it's not technically housekeeping but seemed thd most appropriate section....

Does anyone have a super king zip and link bed?

I currently have a standard double and have spent a good couple of weeks looking at beds, I finally made up my mind and went into Bensons and then the guy in the shop asked me if a super king will definitely fit up the stairs as they are not very flexible? Doh!?

I've been looking at 2800 pocket sprung with geltex topper, I got my husband to try and get our double mattress up the stairs length ways and it would need to bend round to get past the initial downstairs hallway ceiling but once past that section the ceiling is high....

I don't know how flexible they are.... I'm guessing extremely heavy, deep and not very so was then considering a zip and link instead.

I really want a superking but will I feel the join in a zip and like bed? Will it break when my children creep into the bed and are in the middle between my husband and myself? Is the join uncomfortable if you move to the middle? I know you can get toppers but do I want to spend a huge amount of money and time on finding the perfect gel topped bed only you have to buy a topper to mask the join?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

magimedi Thu 18-Feb-16 08:37:08

I have a Vi Spring zip & link super king. It is basically two large singles. The base separates into two & each bed has its own mattress so DH & I have different levels of firmness.

I have a super king fitted mattress cover (John Lewis) & have never noticed the zip.

Honestly, it is the best bed I've ever had. Can be together when ever we want but can roll over & sleep separately. Never wake up if DH gets up to pee as don't feel the mattress moving.

Mine was a special made for John Lewis (called Truro) & is similar to

this

this is the mattress topper.

I was worried about feeling the gap/zip but in ten years never have.

Have no young DCs so can't answer that one.

eddtheduck Thu 18-Feb-16 08:55:53

We have a zip link and haven't found the join a problem. It has a sort of cover over the zip a bit like on a coat if that makes sense (sorry). It is useful as you can separate into 2 beds if you have guests stay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now