Is there such thing as a non-bio with fabric softener?

(7 Posts)
Jujuheyhey Wed 17-Feb-16 10:04:36

I use non-bio powder (Formil from Lidl cos it's great value) and a fabric softener for sensitive skin (also Lidl) but the fabric softener gunges up the drawer in the machine something rotten. I've looked everywhere for a combined non-bio with fabric softener like Bold 2-in-1 but can't find one. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Does fabric softener only come in liquid format?

rabbit123 Wed 17-Feb-16 23:38:32

No, there's no 2 in 1 non bio.
Non bio is aimed at kids and people with sensitive skin. It isn't actually sold anywhere else in the world. Go to France, Germany, the US, Holland, Spain etc and they're all "what the hell is non bio?"

Reason being, the enzymes aren't actually what causes irritation. It's the chemical scents used. Hence something like Bold which is heavily perfumed is totally unsuitable for anyone with sensitive skin and non bio isn't 2in1.

What's the problem with your softener dispenser? Someone might be able to help sort that out at least.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Wed 17-Feb-16 23:42:06

I can't really see how a 2in1 can be very effective as they are both doing different things, you need one to rinse out and the other to stay in. How about trying white vinegar instead of FC, should keep the drawer clean and avoid the fragrances too.

e1y1 Thu 18-Feb-16 00:17:04

If you want to stick with Non Bio, you need Fairy (and only Fairy) non bio.

Although not a 2in1, and doesn't have a fabric softener built in perse. It really is the softest non bio. For softness on it's own, it outperforms every single non bio on the market.

No I don't work for Proctor and Gamble and not in marketing 😀

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Thu 18-Feb-16 08:40:10

Is that the Fairy tablets?

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Fri 19-Feb-16 11:49:35

Sainsburys do a non bio with conditioner, but is is a liquid.

rabbit123 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:19:47

Persil is the best non-bio I've found

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now