Talk

Advanced search

Suction bathroom caddies won't stick.

(9 Posts)
Oldisthenewblack Tue 16-Feb-16 23:58:32

I have a few of those plastic caddies in the bathroom, the kind that stay up by suction power. Except, just recently, they don't. They keep falling sideways. I took them off the wall to clean them a couple of weeks ago and they just aren't sticking properly now. Are there any tricks to getting these suckers to suck?? I really can't be doing with my bits and bobs all round the side of the bath.

Thanks in advance!

yoomoo Wed 17-Feb-16 00:02:16

I normally make sure the tiles are really dry and then wet the suckers a bit and that tends to do the trick. If you need new ones I can recommend the metal shower caddies from Matalan, only £4 a pop and have been up for 6 months now no problem. I clean them in situ though. They do go rusty after about 12 months but I just replace the whole thing as they are so cheap.

Oldisthenewblack Wed 17-Feb-16 11:54:13

Thanks yoomoo - may try those. Having said that, since my last attempt last night, two of them seem to be staying up, even with bottles in them! Fingers crossed....

NannyR Wed 17-Feb-16 13:04:02

I had one from dunelm that kept falling off and it went rusty after a couple of months use. I replaced it with something similar from ikea and the suction cups work so much better, it never falls off and hasn't gone rusty yet.

feelthebenefit Wed 17-Feb-16 14:09:19

Ive tried lots of these and the only ones that work for me are Interdesign Powerlock.

Deux Thu 18-Feb-16 11:38:33

I have some IKEA ones which I've had for a feebleness now. In occasionally have to adjust them.

As well as the suckers, there is a kind of screw on bit that you screw and it pushes the suckers into the wall.

I'll try to find a link.

Deux Thu 18-Feb-16 11:42:52

Huh, feebleness? = a few years.

m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/50249381/

Sometimes with the cheaper ones the plastic suckers 'stiffen' and they don't form such a good seal against the wall. If they've been washed in very hot water they might also have lost their shape slightly, which could also cause them to not grip properly - even a small amount of air leaking in will break the seal against the tiles.

FireflyGirl Thu 18-Feb-16 20:22:16

I would second the IKEA ones.

I've tried a few different ones and they are the only ones which have stayed on, even with quite a few bottles in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now