What furniture do you have in your lounge?

(31 Posts)
Twinklefuck Tue 16-Feb-16 21:24:01

Just that really, after kondoing the lounge furniture I'm basically starting from scratch and looking for ideas.

What furniture do you have?

SwedishEdith Tue 16-Feb-16 21:27:56

How big is it? What are the dimensions? What do you like?

kansasmum Tue 16-Feb-16 21:32:42

We have a large sofa and a smaller matching 2 seater one. A matching footstool, nest of oak tables, a corner tv unit , a tub chair in the corner and a tall drawer unit thing! It's a long room ( about 25 feet) and 18 feet wide.
Also a variety of table and floor lamps! It sounds like a lot of stuff but actually looks very uncluttered ( most of the time!).

Lj8893 Tue 16-Feb-16 21:39:25

2x2 seater sofas
Nest of tables
TV unit
Toy box
Drawers/dresser

Titsywoo Tue 16-Feb-16 21:47:25

Ours is a long room (8m by 3.9m) and we have a large sofa and a love seat, side tables, piano, tv unit and shelving for books in the alcoves at one end and computer desk, toy storage and lego table at the other end.

evelynj Tue 16-Feb-16 21:51:50

3 seater, 2 seater (multiyork gyros emir-it's a great size), armchair & footstool & antique scroll chair -none match but all co-ordinate. Coffee table, 3 small lamp tables, tv sideboard unit & bookcase. Oh, and fire stuff-companion set, log basket & scuttle

WhirlwindHugs Tue 16-Feb-16 21:52:47

2x 2 seater sofas
1 old wooden armchair
Lots of book shelves.
An old drop leaf table that folds down, so it can be used as a small side table next to a chair when we want space or a big coffee table if needed

icelollycraving Tue 16-Feb-16 21:53:09

We have a 3 seater,2 seater sofa & large armchair. Big gloss tv unit thing,small kids table with desktop PC on,nest of tables,floor lamp & jellybean rug.
It isn't quite how I'd like. We planned to do a conservatory but haven't had the money. So basically we now have no table to eat at in the house aside from the garden one outside.
Dh is set against getting rid of the tv unit which would free up some space. Probably because he is terminally antisocial & is glad we can't entertain.

icelollycraving Tue 16-Feb-16 21:54:38

Oh & a footstool.

Chasingsquirrels Tue 16-Feb-16 21:55:09

17ft X 11ft.
2 x 3-seater sofas plus a chair
Coffee table
2 x cupboard / bookcase units (1m x 1m x .5m)
TV unit
Small nesting side table (kind of a box under a "n" shape)

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Tue 16-Feb-16 21:57:44

2 x 3 seater sofas
matching large footstool
console table
desk
Chinese nest of tables
coffee table
oval gateleg table
2 super sized log baskets
various lamps, cushions and piles of books

It's a largish room with double doors and 4 windows.

Floralnomad Tue 16-Feb-16 21:59:21

3 seater sofa
Armchair
Bucket chair
3 assorted tables
2 smallish footstools
TV on unit
Piano
Shelving unit for DVDs

jollyjester Tue 16-Feb-16 22:00:31

3 seater sofa
2 seater sofa
Alcoves on either side of the fireplace have a bookcase in one and a sideboard in the other
A table with a lamp and a plant.

I like a clutter free lounge (yet the bedrooms are a disaster!!)

Hassled Tue 16-Feb-16 22:03:17

Way too much. 3 chairs, a 3 seater sofa, 2 side tables, a chest of drawers, a coffee table/wooden chest thing, another random chest thing tucked in a corner, a TV unit thing.

YaySirNaySir Tue 16-Feb-16 22:04:30

4 seater corner sofa
2 seater sofa
TV + unit
Coffee table
Small side table
Fire
Lamps and wall lights

SlipperyJack Tue 16-Feb-16 22:06:18

Ours is miniscule but we have a 2.5 seater Deco style sofa, matching armchair, a round glass-fronted Deco cabinet full of fossils and interesting rocks, an oak side table (also Deco) and two middle eastern sitting cushions (think large pillows made of carpet). And a narrow black metal bookcase with DVDs on, and a TV/DVD etc on a small table in the corner. I'd shoehorn in another bookcase if I could!

WhoisLucasHood Tue 16-Feb-16 22:06:48

We have a tiny lounge but have: corner TV cabinet, 2&3 seated leather sofa, log burner and wooden toy chest. We are looking at getting a small coffee table as I hate putting my cup on the floor. I wouldn't get anything else though as I love a minimalist look.

SoMuchToBits Tue 16-Feb-16 22:09:03

Smallish lounge. 2 sofas. One unit with bookcase/cupboard. One table with tv/tvbox/router etc. One pouffe with storage under. One largeish coffee table, one square lamp table, one nest of tables. Rug.

Cuppaand2biscuits Tue 16-Feb-16 22:15:48

What's a bucket chair?
We have a big corner sofa, a 3 seater sofa and an arm chair, foot stool (seating for 11, looks like a doctors waiting room!)
TV on a stand, side board, several toy boxes, Welsh dresser, nest of tables.

dementedma Tue 16-Feb-16 22:21:44

2 sofas, one nest of tables, one shelf unit thingy with ornaments and candles on, one rug, one child's wicker chair, one tox box, two lamps.

torthecatlady Tue 16-Feb-16 22:35:58

Too much!
My husband doesn't let me on ebay anymore grin
One nest of 3 tables
One nest of 2 tables
Glass tv stand
2 x small round occasional tables
A two seater sofa
One 70's style armchair
Oh and a footstool i recently got off gumtree.

Lightbulbon Tue 16-Feb-16 22:40:33

3 seater couch

3 big single seats

2 coffee tables

I side table

2 lamps

I magazine rack

TheFallenMadonna Tue 16-Feb-16 22:48:22

V long sofa (seats 5) with small table at each end, armchair, sideboard, piano, 4m long x 2m high bookcase, short cupboard with TV on it and TV gubbins inside, wooden chest, footstool, grandfather clock.

ouryve Tue 16-Feb-16 22:52:48

Rather a lot for such a small room. Big L-shaped sofa, matching fabric footstool and small armchair, chestnut console/bookshelves, massive TV cabinet (lockable!), Small desk with chair plus, currently, though they move around, a small, battered but useful dark oak nest of tables.

BackforGood Tue 16-Feb-16 23:08:15

3 piece suite
Sep. IKEA chair
Sep rocking chair
Large footstool
TV stand
3 small coffee / side tables

- do built in shelves in the alcove count as furniture?
- what about 2 lamps ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now