Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend a cordless vacuum cleaner.

(15 Posts)
herecomesmytrain Fri 12-Feb-16 12:04:38

It seems like there are so many to choose from!

I need it for fairly frequent hoovering; quite a dusty house, hard floors and a couple of rugs, no pets (yet) but lots of long hair.

Suggestions and recommendations most welcome.

iwillbemrsminty Fri 12-Feb-16 12:10:04

Dyson Dyson Dyson! To be fair, I haven't got any experience of others available, but I love my Dyson cordless.

FetchezLaVache Fri 12-Feb-16 12:19:33

If you're on a budget, Sainsbury's have a Morphy Richards on offer at £75 at the moment. I bought a Dust Devils just after Christmas, but it couldn't cope with the long hair and just kept switching off. I took it back and got the MR and so far, it's great! The beater bar is removable, so its' easy to get rid of any hair that's wound round it. Would definitely recommend.

herecomesmytrain Fri 12-Feb-16 14:14:04

Dyson is very tempting but am too confused by options. (Do I need a fluffy head?)

Will look at the Morphy Richards too.

Thanks

Floralnomad Fri 12-Feb-16 14:16:17

I had ( still have) a Dyson cordless animal ,but I found it pretty hopeless so now have a Bosch Athlet , it's fabulous .

mamacasshadahairyass Fri 12-Feb-16 14:20:20

Im really happy with the Vax one Ive got. The Batteries last about 25 minutes and its great at picking up cat fluff etc.

MadisonAvenue Fri 12-Feb-16 14:26:11

I have a Dyson DC58 Animal - I love it! I have two flights of stairs and it's ideal for a quick clean up on those as I hate doing them with the mains Dyson all of the time

ontherightpath Sat 13-Feb-16 08:30:48

I also have the Dyson cordless DC58 Animal. Its fantastic. My house has never been clean as its so easy to do a quick whiz round with the dyson every evening. Especially easy to do stairs and under beds.

malin100 Sun 13-Mar-16 17:32:31

You definitely need a fluffy head for the hard floors. I've got the total clean as I have about 60/40 hard floors/carpet. I emailed Dyson and asked which suited my floor types best. I bought straight from Dyson, got a price match on the cheapest online, discount for having an old Dyson, free postage, free tool kit and bag, 14 day change your mind guarantee. Totally worth it.

LizzieMacQueen Sun 13-Mar-16 17:38:32

I've heard that Bosch are good

link

I have the Dyson cordless but I don't think it's power lasts very long. I use mine only occasionally.

billabye Sun 13-Mar-16 17:42:56

I asked a similar question on here last week and the Bosch Athlet was recommended. I bought it and I'm thrilled with it. We have lots of carpet and some hard floors. It can get under the bed and it really light and easily maneuverable. My DP has even done some vacuuming grin

imtherebutimnotthere Sun 13-Mar-16 17:55:51

G-Tech air ram is absolutely fantastic, expensive at £199 but to me worth every penny. It's light to carry upstairs, brilliant on all types of floor and is far superior to my Dyson

openthecurtains Sun 13-Mar-16 19:39:40

Bosch Athlet. Miles better than my Dyson ever was. I bought it to replace my cordless dyson and thought I'd still use the corded dyson I also had for big cleans but in fact I haven't used my corded dyson at all since I got the Bosch Athlet.

Pancakeflipper Sun 13-Mar-16 19:50:31

Does.the GTech one get under beds ok?

FurbysMakeSexNoises Sun 13-Mar-16 21:33:12

G tech air ram is amazing, need accessories for getting into tiny corners but the charge lasts for ages and it's so light and manoeuvrable - more reliable than I've heard dysons tend to be

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now