Talk

Advanced search

can a vacuum type gadget handle a kitchen floor with children's mess?

(9 Posts)
evelynj Thu 04-Feb-16 09:05:37

I don't seem to have time to get everything done. Really my kitchen floor could do with brushing & mopping every day but that is not going to happen.

Is there a light small vacuum cleaner that can pick up bits of cereal and dropped food and cat hair, or is it better just to try to brush it up? It gets messy so quickly with 2 young children and does my head in.

What's the best plan of action in minimum time?

Artandco Thu 04-Feb-16 09:08:22

Bosch cordless Hoover. It's not cheap, but it vacuums whole house good tbh so you can use for that and use main Hoover less. We now use that daily over whole house, then just use Miele main Hoover once a week to get deeper into the carpet and clean in small gaps and edges better

evelynj Thu 04-Feb-16 09:22:33

Thanks Art - that looks good but is more than I was planning to spend. I had been umming and aahing about the GTECH air ram. It takes me years to come to a decision about a product purchase as I always seem to have some level of buyers remorse! May see if I can have a look at one of these in a shop ;)

Sundaysmumisfullofwine Thu 04-Feb-16 11:01:06

I just use a cheap vax hand held, and empty straight into the bin.

RatOnnaStick Thu 04-Feb-16 11:03:31

I've fallen in love with our cordless dyson. My floor has never been cleaner because its so easy to fling about under the table and round the corners. With the right attachment its easy to pick up random peas/catfood/flour/mud. My mum raves about her Gtech too. I think the answer is a cordless vacuum of whatever budget or style you prefer. They all seem to do a good job.

Artistic Thu 04-Feb-16 11:05:43

Hiya, I have the gtech AirRam for the exact same purpose. I have a toddler and wanted to keep on top of floor & carpets on a daily basis. It really does the job easily and quickly. I leave it at its charging point and grab it every now and then. It's so light I can use it while carrying my baby too. It does carpets really well (though I properly Hoover once a week too). All crumbs and hair and dirt is easily cleaned up in minutes. Works well in the kitchen too but I don't use it if it's damp/wet/sticky food in any part as the water/ liquid will just cling to the brush and get deposited on the carpet. But if it's dry it works great. It's my best buy for cleaning and has saved me getting on my hands and knees!!! You won't regret it.

Artistic Thu 04-Feb-16 11:07:06

Easiest way to buy it is off Amazon. Good price & next day delivery. You don't need to even see it in the shops!

evelynj Fri 05-Feb-16 11:37:01

Thanks for the input - will have a nosey round again!

JsOtherHalf Sat 06-Feb-16 15:12:04

I have gtech airram :D. Get a set of spare filters too, as they need washing a lot I find.

Lidl have a vileda robot cleaner on their specials on Thursday 11th Feb:
www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=764&ar=10

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now