Talk

Advanced search

Help - how do I find a good cleaner/cleaning company.

(5 Posts)
PookieSnackenberger Mon 01-Feb-16 19:49:51

DH & I have always cleaned our homes ourselves but recent events (Mum with dementia miles away plus additional job for me on top of my usual work plus four children at home) mean that the time has come for me to get a cleaner. I need to claw back some time in the evenings/weekends.

I don't know where to begin. It's a big house but I don't want the whole place cleaned - just kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a hoover/dust of 2 living rooms. I actually like cleaning and tidying but tend to potter rather than power through tasks.

I'm in London. Any recommendations of companies, how long for and what is reasonable in an allotted time gratefully received.

florentina1 Mon 01-Feb-16 20:25:52

What part of London are you in. I have a good company but they have a limited area they cover.

PookieSnackenberger Mon 01-Feb-16 21:07:59

Hi Florentina1 - I'm SE26 in Sydenham but also close to Beckenham. A recommendation would be great.

NateGreen Tue 02-Feb-16 06:07:16

I think I mentioned in another post, but my family is really happy with the services of a company called A to Z cleaning. They cover all London and do all kinds of cleaning jobs. We were very specific about what we want and they sent a cleaner that did the job perfectly. We actually ordered two of their services and were happy with everything. You can call them to see what they have to offer. Here's the number: 020 3404 3303
Hope this helps and good luck!

TimmyGriffin Tue 02-Feb-16 09:05:44

Hi PookieSnackenberger,

my wife and me are also in a pickle like yours, with two kids. We moved just to be closer in case of emergencies, but before doing that had to use a cleaning agency of some sort, it was hellish days 'n nights. Call 020 3746 8292 and see what they can offer you. They came in quite on time when we needed them.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now