Talk

Advanced search

do I need a bigger fridge?

(7 Posts)
feelthebenefit Sat 30-Jan-16 21:16:43

Mine is tiny, with a freezer bit at the top. Everyone who comes in my kitchen says "omg your fridge is tiny!". Am I missing something here? Granted id like a proper freezer but there's no where to put one. Does everyone but me have a huge fridge? (There's only me here btw).

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sat 30-Jan-16 21:19:13

We got an American style fridge freezer when we redid our kitchen. It is huge and awesome. Even at Christmas I didn't run out of room in the fridge.

However, generally it's 1/3-1/2 full. We don't really need that much fridge or freezer space.

The filtered water dispenser is lovely though.

midnightmoomoo Sat 30-Jan-16 21:24:08

If it works for you then I wouldn't worry about it. I had a 60cm wide f/f and I would have liked a 70cm wide one but couldn't find a good one that was frost free. We'd allowed space for an American one so that's what we opted for and it's great for storage but I know that as soon as it needs replacing I'll be going back to a 'normal' one.

feelthebenefit Sat 30-Jan-16 21:24:27

Yes ive seen the filtered water ones, that looks like a great idea but theyre all huge. No one seems to make a small "luxury"fridge iyswim. Small is always basic for some reason.

Artandco Sat 30-Jan-16 21:26:40

I don't think so

We have a standard size I think. As in both fridge and freezer fit under kitchen counters either side of each other. I like they are built in and hidden. They are big enough for our family of 4.

Just think, 50 odd years ago nobody had a fridge at all.

WingsClipped Sat 30-Jan-16 21:46:25

If there's only you and you are happy with the size of your fridge then why would you need to change it?
I don't understand mahooosive fridges and small families/a couple. Wouldn't it be a waste of space, energy and money having such a large fridge when you don't need it?

Qwebec Mon 01-Feb-16 01:20:07

No matter the size of the fridge you can get used to anything.
I had a really narrow fridge-freezer and spit it in half with my flatmate. When my BF move in we used the same half fridge for two people.
Now I have a big fridge and suer I have much more space, but I don't feel the difference.

Keep you fridge and let the people comment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now