recommended vacuums?

(7 Posts)
Abby2431 Fri 22-Jan-16 18:58:57

Hi!

My vacuum cleaner has died! Was always rubbish so not too upset!

Need to get a new one! What can you recommend? I've got quite a lot of carpets so really want a decent one!

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks

X

rabbit123 Fri 22-Jan-16 19:28:30

Hi Abby,
We've had a Sebo upright that was given to us as a hand me down 13 years ago. My in laws bought it in the early 90's. We've got mostly carpet, with some tile. I've never found a vacuum that cleans as well as this and we've got 2 long haired cats. We've tried to replace it twice, once with a Dyson and once with a Miele, but neither were as good or as solid as the Sebo and got sold on gumtree.

They're not the cheapest to buy new but they last for absolutely years.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00NSLXZRI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1453490883&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=sebo+vacuum&dpPl=1&dpID=31bF4T7LLvL&ref=plSrch

Claraoswald36 Sat 23-Jan-16 09:15:09

I'm a dyson fan. I now have 3! Sad I know. If you regularly clean the filters they are bloody amazing. I have the small upright one which I recently took apart and thoroughly cleaned and pulled all the crap off the rollers etc. I am amazed daily how much it picks up off a seemingly already clean carpet!

rabbit123 Sat 23-Jan-16 11:07:09

Our Dyson was great for about 6 months and then it started to constantly block up, lose suction, the hose split, tools fell off, catches broke etc.

I himself couldn't do what Claraoswald36 does and take the vacuum to bits all the time just to keep it going. The Sebo gets a bag replacement every few months and a filter replacement once a year and that's all it takes to keep it performing like new.

I did buy a new brushroll for it a few years ago, but to say it took about 15 years for it to need a new one, that's not bad going. The brushroll was easy to change too - no screws, just press s button and a little cap pops off and the roller slides in and out.

rabbit123 Sat 23-Jan-16 11:08:22

"I honestly", that should've said

PurpleDaisies Sat 23-Jan-16 11:10:19

We have a Henry. He's fantastic!

NanTheWiser Sat 23-Jan-16 11:28:17

Oh, Sebo every time! A seriously good vaccum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now