Advanced search

recommended vacuums?

(7 Posts)
Abby2431 Fri 22-Jan-16 18:58:57

My vacuum cleaner has died! Was always rubbish so not too upset!

Need to get a new one! What can you recommend? I've got quite a lot of carpets so really want a decent one!

Any advice would be welcome!

rabbit123 Fri 22-Jan-16 19:28:30

Hi Abby,
We've had a Sebo upright that was given to us as a hand me down 13 years ago. My in laws bought it in the early 90's. We've got mostly carpet, with some tile. I've never found a vacuum that cleans as well as this and we've got 2 long haired cats. We've tried to replace it twice, once with a Dyson and once with a Miele, but neither were as good or as solid as the Sebo and got sold on gumtree.

They're not the cheapest to buy new but they last for absolutely years.

Claraoswald36 Sat 23-Jan-16 09:15:09

I'm a dyson fan. I now have 3! Sad I know. If you regularly clean the filters they are bloody amazing. I have the small upright one which I recently took apart and thoroughly cleaned and pulled all the crap off the rollers etc. I am amazed daily how much it picks up off a seemingly already clean carpet!

rabbit123 Sat 23-Jan-16 11:07:09

Our Dyson was great for about 6 months and then it started to constantly block up, lose suction, the hose split, tools fell off, catches broke etc.

I himself couldn't do what Claraoswald36 does and take the vacuum to bits all the time just to keep it going. The Sebo gets a bag replacement every few months and a filter replacement once a year and that's all it takes to keep it performing like new.

I did buy a new brushroll for it a few years ago, but to say it took about 15 years for it to need a new one, that's not bad going. The brushroll was easy to change too - no screws, just press s button and a little cap pops off and the roller slides in and out.

rabbit123 Sat 23-Jan-16 11:08:22

"I honestly", that should've said

PurpleDaisies Sat 23-Jan-16 11:10:19

We have a Henry. He's fantastic!

NanTheWiser Sat 23-Jan-16 11:28:17

Oh, Sebo every time! A seriously good vaccum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now