Talk

Advanced search

Friday's burning question...

(12 Posts)
CharmingChampignon Fri 22-Jan-16 10:36:54

What do you use as bin bags or for rubbish upstairs? We used to kind the bathroom bins with carrier bags but as that supply is now drying up I'm thinking of what to do.

We use proper bin bags in our kitchen bin (only bin downstairs) but have 2 upstairs bathrooms with small bins that need something bigger and more robust than nappy sacks but much smaller than kitchen liners...I empty really regularly but with a baby in nappies / 3 dc / DH working from home I need a system!

TeaAndCake Fri 22-Jan-16 13:38:58

I save the drawstring plastic bags from the 9 pack of loo rolls. Fits into all my upstairs bins perfectly!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 22-Jan-16 13:40:41

Fantastic tip, Tea.

CharmingChampignon Fri 22-Jan-16 15:01:08

Good thinking. Will have to encourage DH not to rip them open. I change our bins v frequently though due to nappies so wouldn't have enough of those bags.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Fri 22-Jan-16 15:06:26

I got rash and bought 20 bins bags for 50p they are 20l and thinner than any carrier bag ever was so perfect for vey light bathroom rubbish.

CharmingChampignon Fri 22-Jan-16 15:14:49

Not too thin like nappy sacks? Where did you find them? Carrier bad we're never ideal just available grin

CharmingChampignon Fri 22-Jan-16 15:15:42

I love the idea of you throwing caution to the wind and hurling a pack in your basket with a 'devil may care' look!

PassiveAgressiveQueen Fri 22-Jan-16 17:34:50

They are nappy sack thickness but my bin only ever has sanitary products in, so that is fine for me.
I am a complete shopping tart could have been from any 1 of a dozen shops.

Rattitude Fri 22-Jan-16 19:00:16

My bathroom bin is small - 3L only. I save the fruit/vegetable plastic bags I get at the supermarkets and use them as bathroom bin bags. They fit perfectly.

I suspect that your bathroom bins might be much bigger than mine though, if you previously used carrier bags. I am using the latter type for my kitchen bin...

dementedpixie Fri 22-Jan-16 19:03:44

I use a roll of carrier bag sized bags I got from home bargains. You can also get pedal bin sized bags I think

CharmingChampignon Fri 22-Jan-16 20:32:07

Thank you for the tips - I will look in the household aisles a bit more thoroughly.

My bins are only small - carrier bags were too big but always available so did the job.

CharmingChampignon Tue 26-Jan-16 12:16:30

I bought some mini brabantia bags from Dunelm Mill today, will see how they go.

They work out the same price as carrier bags though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now