What else can the nutribullet do?

(6 Posts)
chumbler Fri 15-Jan-16 22:21:53

Ok so the advertising has finally got to me and I fancy one (one year late!) Does anyone have one? Is it worth paying for the highest wattage? And what else can you make besides smoothies? Can I blend soup? Make breadcrumbs? Granita? Granola? Baby purée? Falafel? Basiclaly is it just a smaller magimix? I already have a magimix.. Maybe I should just use that more?! Ok quiz over! Please share your thoughts grin

e1y1 Sat 16-Jan-16 01:11:56

I have both the Nutirbullet and Magic Bullet.

I would say they would do most things, cant say that it would do everything a food processor can do, but suppose not far off.

Both machines come with 2 blade bases, a flat blade for whipping, grinding etc and a cross blade for blending, ice crushing pulverising etc.

The only things I have done in mine thus far is smoothies (naturally), milkshakes, also made a chocolate mousse with hersheys chocolate sauce and whipping cream and have also ground fresh coffee beans, for which, they came out ace.

It should come with a receipe book to bury in the drawer for inspiration.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Sat 16-Jan-16 01:24:20

I used mine to make some lentil soup smooth, as my normal blender left the lentils slightly lumpy, but nutribullet made it totally smooth.

I tend to only use it for fruit and veg to make it quick and easy to wash. It only needs a rinse out as long as you do it ASAP. If you leave it unwashed the fruit dries on and if you use peanut butter, coconut etc it leaves a greasy residue and needs a proper wash.

MadauntofA Sat 16-Jan-16 08:33:32

You can Blend anything but not if it is hot so not good for soup unless you are cooling it. I love mine!

SaoirseLikeInertia Sat 16-Jan-16 08:38:18

I've used mine for grinding coffee beans, chopping nuts, making sauces. I was a bit afraid that I would never use it but it is sooo much handier than previous blenders or liquidisers I've had. A quick rinse and it's done!

uggmum Sat 16-Jan-16 10:01:38

I have a nutri ninja. I mainly do smoothies.
They have it on offer online at Costco for £79 which is cheaper that the nutri bullet. It's the top model too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now