Talk

Advanced search

I've bought a steam cleaner! what can i clean?!

(9 Posts)
Nottalotta Mon 11-Jan-16 09:09:34

Husband came home with a Vax. 2 in 1 , so it is a mop as well as handheld. I am desperate to do the kitchen floor but also wonder what else i can do with it? We have quarry tiles in the dining room, can i do those with it?

What else? I'm excited!

mydutifullaunderette Tue 12-Jan-16 11:09:46

Jealous! I cannot justify one (price or storage space) but get steaming and do extra for me please! Taps, tiles, oven...ah <happy sigh>

FelixFelix Tue 12-Jan-16 12:19:18

I was just about the post the same thread! DP has bought a Karcher handheld with a floor attachment. I've just opened it and done the kitchen floor but now ran out of ideas. I'd like to use it to its full potential! I love cleaning though so my house is pretty clean anyway. I want to see some satisfying grimy bits being blasted away grin

Twinklefuck Tue 12-Jan-16 14:50:28

I do around the floor of each room (we have a wood thing if that makes sense) the windows, around the windows, sink and around, oven & around, dials, cooker top gas thingies, leather sofas, around taps, shower, bath, blinds and curtains, mattresses usually gets a little going over, carpets and rugs.

Would probably be easier to say what I don't do with my steamer blush

Nottalotta Tue 12-Jan-16 16:33:04

Curtains?!?! Mattresses?!?! I had no idea!

For something grimy i have the tiles in the space where the dishwasher used to be. Grim. And grimy.

As for cost - half price from sainsbos at £35!!

Nottalotta Tue 12-Jan-16 16:35:01

I'm guessing i can do quarry tiles if mattresses can be done!

FelixFelix Tue 12-Jan-16 16:38:49

Can I clean bits of my carpet and rug with it? I have dirty marks on my rug where dp decided to change the tyre on his bike and I can't get them out angry

TeapotTam Tue 12-Jan-16 17:31:48

Haha this was me a few months ago, the excitement wears off so make the most of it grin. I've done the windows, hob, kitchen tiles, carpet/floors and sofas with mine. Think I have the same one as you.

Felix - I think you can do just about anything!

Twinklefuck Tue 12-Jan-16 18:48:01

I have an attachment that goes over carpets and rugs, really freshens them up. It's actually great on tiles. I use my steamer twice a week on different rooms and every other day on floors... Been using 3 years now and still love it but I'm a saddo steamerholic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now