Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean your kitchen floors?

(47 Posts)
coolpatterngirl Fri 08-Jan-16 21:55:00

Hi all,

What do you use to deep clean your kitchen floors?

Regular mopping doesn't shift the dirt and the only thing that seems to work is down on my hands and knees scrubbing with bleach (which I don't do nearly often enough)!

Twinklefuck Fri 08-Jan-16 22:18:52

Hoover and steamer, also have a handheld steamer to get into the dodar round the edges every other day. Works for us.

Looseleaf Fri 08-Jan-16 22:29:11

What is it made of?
I scrubbed ours today on hands and knees then dried it with an Emop! Normally the Emop is thorough enough. I used Jif

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Fri 08-Jan-16 22:31:48

Steam cleaner. If it's really shit I squirt some cleaner down before I start.

I blame VicarInATutu. It was her idea.

buffymum Fri 08-Jan-16 22:32:42

My new steam cleaner !
Got it for Christmas blushbut wish I'd had it years ago .
Quick vacuum / sweep then steam .

VegetablEsoup Fri 08-Jan-16 22:33:51

warm water + bio washing powder + square leifheit mop thingy

Wolfiefan Fri 08-Jan-16 22:33:54

Hoover then steam cleaner.

milkingmachine1 Fri 08-Jan-16 22:35:25

Which steam cleaner would you recommend? They seem quite expensive.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Fri 08-Jan-16 22:37:05

Got my Morphy Richards off Groupon. I think I paid about £50 for it, it was something like £90.

buffymum Fri 08-Jan-16 22:41:20

Mines a karcher - has quite a large tank which I find handy .
Also love for bathroom .

milkingmachine1 Fri 08-Jan-16 22:44:02

Great, thanks. £50 seems a good deal, I'll check groupon.

bimandbam Fri 08-Jan-16 22:46:40

I have a steam cleaner but don't particularly rate it. I use a mop but was looking at my lino tonight and decided it's looking a bit meh.

Following this thread but am thinking a good old scrubbing brush and bleach session is probably in order. I might try one of those deck brushes to save my knees and back first.

ouryve Fri 08-Jan-16 22:47:41

Wet kitchen paper.
A floor wipe.
Just occasionally, when I can be arsed to set it up - and when DS2 doesn't turn out to have hidden all the attachments, it get steam cleaned.

Mops are revolting things.

ouryve Fri 08-Jan-16 22:49:25

Oh - and it's ceramic tiles, so if something has got really ingrained, one of us has a go at it with a bit of magic eraser.

Dungandbother Fri 08-Jan-16 22:54:37

I have laminate.

I have a vileda flat mop (attach a cloth thingy).

I use jif floor cleaner weekly with water. And proper jif cream every other month which gives it a proper clean. Same mop. Then wipe up with a wet flannel.

Steam mop. Meh. Rubbish.

coolpatterngirl Sat 09-Jan-16 15:03:24

Do your steam mops have two tanks, one each for clean and dirty water?

coolpatterngirl Sat 09-Jan-16 15:03:42

Thank you btw smile

Scattymum101 Sat 09-Jan-16 15:39:13

I'm having this dilemma. I usually steam clean my floors but we moved house a few weeks ago and new kitchen has horrible Lino that gets so dirty I feel it needs washed 3 times a week. Hubby said I can't use steam cleaner on it in case it lifts it but it's horrendous. Mop doesn't seem to shift the dirt. It's grained wood effect and all the dirt sits in the grain yuck.

Twinklefuck Sat 09-Jan-16 15:47:02

No, they have one tank (some have another if you want to use a branded liquid cleaner in it but it's a waste of money imo) the steam goes to the floor to deep clean it so there is no dirty water. My first steam mop was pants and left the floor really wet but my next one was much better and leaves it mostly dry or dry by the time I'm done.

applecatchers36 Sat 09-Jan-16 16:03:40

Hoover and steam clean, we have ceramic tiles.

coolpatterngirl Sat 09-Jan-16 16:41:03

Thank you. I've never had a steam cleaner. Can you recommend one?

applecatchers36 Sat 09-Jan-16 16:56:40

Mines a small karcher, v easy to use. No chemicals needed would recommend.

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 09-Jan-16 16:59:39

Flat mop daily with a mix of water, zoflora and washing up liquid in a spray bottle

Twinklefuck Sat 09-Jan-16 17:12:20

I have a shark steam mop that I highly recommend, the dual side one so when one side gets dirty you flip the mop over to use the other side.

I dream of owning the X5... The clean with the power of steam advert demonstrations on the shopping channel were all that got me through the first three months of my sons life. wanders off to ponder what became of my life as I'm obviously a big saddo

NattyGolfJerkin Sat 09-Jan-16 17:12:23

No shoes house so floors stay reasonably clean.

Nothing complicated, just vac first to pick up bits then a flat microfibre mop (vileda, I think), boiling water from the kettle, splash of flash concentrated all purpose & a squirt of bleach. Pad gets chucked in the washing machine after use. Spills etc get cleaned up when they occur so floor is pretty much visibly clean when I mop anyway. Pale stone floor.

It gets mopped once a week, no need or time for it to be done more frequently. Vac is run over a few times a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now