Limescale on Clear Shower Screen

(18 Posts)
spaceyboo Thu 07-Jan-16 23:51:21

I have tried everything and am at my wits end. I live in a hard water area and our shower screen always looks horrible.

PurpleDaisies Thu 07-Jan-16 23:52:52

It is a flipping nuisance isn't it? Viakal works best on mine.

Wolfiefan Thu 07-Jan-16 23:57:43

Lakeland do a couple of good products. One to clean it then a spray you use after each shower. I also switched to cleaning cloths (also Lakeland) to clean screens.
And no I don't work for them!!

LoopyLily Thu 07-Jan-16 23:59:05

White vinegar.

Ridingthegravytrain Mon 11-Jan-16 15:08:04

I use cillit bang spray and scrub it on then leave about 5 mins before rinsing

Also use a scraper after every shower to stop watermarks building up

Summerdiamond Mon 11-Jan-16 15:14:21

Some of the toilet cleaners that have limescake remover in, harpic or toilet duck,
Little bit on a cloth & just wipe shower door grin

linspins Wed 13-Jan-16 20:56:58

Limelite works for us. Our water is so hard it's virtually crunchy. You can get lime lite gel or spray. Leave on for a bit longer than it says, and then e cloth off and rinse well, then e cloth polish.

fussychica Thu 14-Jan-16 16:58:00

Get it back to new with Viakal or similar then squegee every time it's used. A bit of a pain but only takes a few seconds. I live in a hard water area and do this and never need to treat the glass with chemicals.

FMAngel Thu 14-Jan-16 20:50:11

Found this limescale and rust remover on ebay works a treat. smile

Eminado Thu 14-Jan-16 20:53:42

Viakal here too

dairyfarmerswife Thu 14-Jan-16 21:50:34

HG limescale remover, neat, on a sponge. However I have read on here a few times that limescale can permanently etch glass, and I couldn't get every last mark off. Did make a big difference though.

MooseBeTimeForSnow Thu 14-Jan-16 21:52:02

Equal parts washing up liquid and white vinegar

CoffeeCait Fri 15-Jan-16 14:50:26

The only thing I've found that works (after using a few of the options mentioned above) is lemon juice on a scouring sponge.

Good luck, lime scale is the bane of my house!

cally0 Wed 27-Jan-16 19:16:55

After scrubbing with your average bathroom spray, I rinse then spray with white vinegar and wipe down

I live in hard water area too, limescale is the bane of my life!!!

Wombatinabathhat Wed 27-Jan-16 19:21:31

Bathroom Ecloths from Lakeland are fantastic. One to wet and use to scrub the glass, the second dry to polish. Work a treat

thenightsky Wed 27-Jan-16 19:29:19

I got so bloody hacked off with opaque shower screen and stalactites on the taps that I went and forked out for a water softener. It's a bloody revelation I tell you... everything stays cleaner for so much longer as soap scum doesn't have lumpy limescale to stick to anymore.

Before that I went through gallons of Cillit Bang (the Lime & Grime one).

JacksSkellington Sun 31-Jan-16 21:18:45

I use Calgon gel or spray but then the trick is to use a waxing prouct to shine up the shower door afterwards as that makes it sparkle and hides any remaining water marks.

I use Carkit wash and wax as it's super cheap and as good as the more expensive Showroom Shine. Also brilliant on tiles, mirrors and windows.

We have an old shower cubicle that used to live in a very hard water area and I've got it looking like new.

Never tried it but HG do a pro limescale remover for about £4 that has good reviews. Their Bath Shine is also amazing so I'll be getting this as well.

ivykaty44 Sun 31-Jan-16 21:21:01

Nail brush and elbow grease

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now