Talk

Advanced search

Best way to get blood out of clothes?

(9 Posts)
listsandbudgets Tue 05-Jan-16 19:51:23

DS was wearing his favourite top at nursery today (just from supermarket but he loves it).

Sadly he had a huge nose bleed and there is quite a lot of blood on his top (according to staff his first reaction was to wipe his nose on his top sad ) He's really upset that as he puts it his "tractor top is really ruined mummy".

I've put it to soak but not sure of best way to deal with blood stains. Can anyone help please?

Missingsleepandthecat Tue 05-Jan-16 19:55:54

A 40*c wash with a good bio or non bio powder I've found always works for me
HTH

bookwormbeagle Tue 05-Jan-16 19:58:05

Soak in cold water overnight, if you wash it in hot water you could set the stain. Then bio wash tmw.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Tue 05-Jan-16 20:08:33

Vanish oxy-action gets blood out very easily, will still work if you treat it tomorrow

Alwayscheerful Tue 05-Jan-16 20:12:41

Soak in luke warm water and a handful of salt then wash in machine using bio powder.

cuntycowfacemonkey Tue 05-Jan-16 20:14:06

always thoroughly run under cold water first, then a bit of vanish in the machine and a 40 degree wash should do it.

Pinkvici22 Tue 05-Jan-16 20:18:17

I had the same problem a while back (why did DD have to be wearing white??)...soaked in cold salty water overnight and then washed as normal with bio liquid!

listsandbudgets Tue 05-Jan-16 21:14:55

thank you now in a sink if cold salty water and off to buy some vanish in the morning. Poor DS he's very sad about it.

dementedpixie Wed 06-Jan-16 06:19:12

Rinse in cold water and wash in bio powder. I have never needed vanish for blood. If it is a stubborn stain rub some washing up liquid into it and rinse before machine washing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now