Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The little stuff

(11 Posts)
Philoshite Sun 03-Jan-16 21:49:53

Have decided that now Christmas is all done and dusted it's time to have a proper clear out and sort out
I'm going to kondo the living shit out of it all!!!
So what I want to know is where do you keep things like batteries, candles and all the bits that go with them ( burner and wax tarts) pens, cameras, envelopes, dc schoolwork and homework books etc etc and things that are used often but not for display. We have no room in the hallway for any furniture so can't have a console table
Am interested in where you put all your bits and bobs smile

storybrook Sun 03-Jan-16 22:20:05

I'm not a Kondo expert but I've used the ikea drawer divider boxes in my drawers, batteries and the like get stored in those so I can see what we have at a glance and candles tend to be on display, I allow myself two big Yankees at any one time not counting the twenty or so sample sizes ones hidden lined up in my underwear drawer like a junkie

cozietoesie Sun 03-Jan-16 23:27:05

I allocate two kitchen drawers for 'odds', bung stuff inside to get it out of the way and then blitz the drawers on occasion. (There's only one that becomes choc a bloc really; the other appears to be self-adjusting most of the time.)

Saxons Sun 03-Jan-16 23:34:56

I have kondoed. They are in my kitchen cupboard stacked upright in boxes for easy access.

Saxons Sun 03-Jan-16 23:35:47

Devider boxes are perfect

Toughasoldboots Sun 03-Jan-16 23:37:21

I got some clear divided boxes from the holding company for all the little bits that hang around. They fit inside drawers.

wowfudge Sun 03-Jan-16 23:39:48

We have a mix of boxes and a small drawer set - all from IKEA - on shelves in our dining room. I keep office type stuff on there too, so sellotape, scissors, etc.

Philoshite Mon 04-Jan-16 05:54:21

Decided I'm lacking in drawers.. Thinking a sideboard with drawers might be good to contain it all

cozietoesie Mon 04-Jan-16 08:15:22

Do you have no drawers anywhere that might be reallocated? It doesn't need to be the kitchen - for me that's just handy and, I suspect, we would manage fine with a box on a shelf in eg our hall cupboard. (I'll confess that I don't bother with drawer dividers having never found the need for them.)

Cressandra Mon 04-Jan-16 08:28:16

Pens in a mug on the windowsill. Other stuff split between a clear plastic box in the utility, for "kitchen drawer type stuff" that is rarely used so doesn't earn space in one of my 3 precious kitchen drawers, and sideboard drawers.

I suppose if my kondo'ing had been ruthless enough I should get rid of my overflow box but it works forme. Other stuff in there: christmas cookie cutters, cocktail sticks and wooden skewers, piping bags and nozzles, birthday candles, that kind of thing.

Scattymum101 Mon 04-Jan-16 22:09:17

In my last house I had it all in a sideboard in IKEA drawer dividers and labelled with my label maker.
I've not sorted it out in this house yet but planning on keeping it in the study once I've unpacked the rest of the boxes that are in there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now