Talk

Advanced search

two single bed equates...?

(15 Posts)
Clarella Fri 01-Jan-16 16:55:36

I know I should be able to discover this online but are there any mattresses that would fit the area of two singles pushed together?

Our bedrooms are not large enough to accommodate the length of a king so it would have to be two singles put together.

Anyone done this? Would it have to be two single mattresses? A friend said they could be zipped together.

IlPorcupinoNilSodomyEst Fri 01-Jan-16 17:01:34

Width wise, two singles equates to super king, but the sk is longer than a single - ours is six foot wide by six foot six long (I think). You can get two single mattresses called zip link that zip together, or just use a topper to avoid a gap between two singles? You can also get custom beds made to fit, but I expect that would be very expensive.

bigTillyMint Fri 01-Jan-16 17:03:20

Are king-size beds longer than singles/doubles then?

FullOfChoc Fri 01-Jan-16 17:33:44

We have a tempur super King which is 2 singles zipped up the middle (only way to get it up our awkward stairs).

I have mattress covers and electric blanket on so you don't feel the zip. It's not uncomfortable but you know it's there. The bed is 6,6 long but they'd do it 6 foot long if needed.

FullOfChoc Fri 01-Jan-16 17:34:54

Super king Sheets would be too long on 6ft mattresses though.

Clarella Fri 01-Jan-16 18:20:12

Thanks people!

Yes it has to be 6 foot unfortunately, there's just not the room for the extra 3 inches with the wardrobe at the end of the bed.

Thanks for the advice!

janethegirl2 Fri 01-Jan-16 18:23:53

As long as the sheets aren't fitted, it won't matter.

RoganJosh Fri 01-Jan-16 18:28:19

We've used a king sized fitted sheet on a double bed without it being too awful. It just tucked under. So the extra 3" may not be too much of an issue.

Clarella Fri 01-Jan-16 18:57:44

I found something on Amazon which is a sort of middle if the bed cover for fixing two singles too

FullOfChoc Fri 01-Jan-16 21:26:29

I need the zip cover, could you link to it please?

IlPorcupinoNilSodomyEst Sat 02-Jan-16 00:28:07

Here's one www.factory-beds-direct.co.uk/understanding-beds/all-about-zip-and-links-2-2/

Hufflepuffin Sat 02-Jan-16 05:39:22

I bookmarked this site after a recommendation on here but haven't used them www.linxbeds.co.uk

DesertOrDessert Sat 02-Jan-16 06:11:08

No problem using fillet sheets which are a bit too big for a mattress glares at odd sizes mattresses in this house.

Yes, there are several 180x190 mattresses about.
Not sure I'd go for this but Amazon or custom

JonSnowKnowsNowt Sat 02-Jan-16 06:22:26

Look at warren Evans website

Cressandra Sun 03-Jan-16 10:07:51

You can get pairs of singles that hook together. Try googling "zip and link" beds. Hotels often have them.

Alternatively www.oddsizebeds.co.uk will make a double bed and mattress to your measurements, as long as you don't mind pine. We had excellent service from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now