Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with my new oven!

(8 Posts)
trish1982 Fri 01-Jan-16 13:43:21

Hi all,

Just moved in to our new home to discover that the markings on the front of the oven have been rubbed off! See photo below, can anyone tell me the model (it's a Bosch oven) or better yet share me a photo of same with the markings visible? Thanks so much.

BigGreenOlives Fri 01-Jan-16 13:45:13

When you open it does it still have any of the manufacturers numbers on the labels. Sometimes they are on the sides of the door.

trish1982 Fri 01-Jan-16 15:59:34

No I'm afraid not, it's not a new oven, it's just new to us. Hoping someone else has the same oven and can shed some light on the scene!

NannyR Fri 01-Jan-16 21:02:24

Ovens usually have a permanent label, somewhere around the door seal when you open the door that has the model number on. It's a label that's not meant to be removed as its what a repair man would refer to when ordering parts etc. It might not be immediately obvious (or could be covered in baked on dirt!) but I'm sure it will be there somewhere.

Magpiesnest Sat 02-Jan-16 10:49:16

Looks like our oven, according to the book HBN 35.0 GB
See attached photos

LIZS Sat 02-Jan-16 10:58:16

Normally you will find an indelible label either along the rim of the door or on the inside side panel. Put the internal light on and have a wipe around (has it been cleaned recently or is there greasy grime).

Magpiesnest Sat 02-Jan-16 11:11:21

I can't find the manual online, the nearest I can find is
www.manualslib.com/manual/616982/Bosch-Hbn-3345-0.html?page=6#manual
Label (on right hand side of door) says HBN3550GB
Will scan relevant pages from my book if you need particular help

trish1982 Sat 02-Jan-16 19:42:19

Thanks so much everyone. Found the label, it's a HBT294, and I can't seem to find the manual or an image for that anywhere online unfortunately. However, @Magpiesnest, thanks a million for sharing the pic, the markings look really similar to the ones on our oven so I'm going to give it a try with those markings as estimates and see what happens. Maybe no baking for a little while until I figure out the temperatures for certain smile Happy New Year, and thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now