Talk

Advanced search

Board game storage

(12 Posts)
WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Wed 30-Dec-15 08:28:36

We have acquired several more board games this Christmas to add to quite a large existing collection but always struggle to store them tidily, they end up stacked in cupboards and shelves but are all different sizes and end up getting untidy, lids coming off etc. Our existing storage space is full in any case. Any good ideas?

cozietoesie Wed 30-Dec-15 09:35:20

Bane of my life. Do you have a loft? We operate a strict system of relegation of those that are not much used/deficient in some way such as missing bits. ( That and investing in some large rubber bands to hold the dashed things together.)

I look forward to other ideas.smile

LBOCS2 Wed 30-Dec-15 09:39:11

Shelves and on top of bookcases here... Though we did have a rationalisation just after Christmas and actually got rid of some that we never play.

OvO Wed 30-Dec-15 09:54:21

Mine are stored in an expedit unit from IKEA. Though they've changed the name and I can't remember the new one.

It holds all but the most giant of boxes <looks at stupid gigantic
Bigfoot game box>. But then you need somewhere to store the unit!

cozietoesie Wed 30-Dec-15 11:15:49

You got rid of some, LBO? There's strength for you. smile

poocatcherchampion Wed 30-Dec-15 11:17:19

Kallax is the new expedition.

My contribution to this thread

MangoBiscuit Wed 30-Dec-15 11:21:59

I'm hoping to do this with ours, once we've sorted out the dining room. Blog article on it here.

LBOCS2 Wed 30-Dec-15 11:23:27

Yep cozie. Mainly it was the Never Mind The Buzzcocks game which you needed a video player to play wink

NoSquirrels Wed 30-Dec-15 11:51:32

BILLY bookcase (2 x slim ones) with doors. Store them vertically not horizontally on the shelves. We have removed a shelf for the giant boxes - usually they're tall not giant all over, so it works.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Wed 30-Dec-15 13:51:32

Aha! Billy bookcases, yes, we were thinking of getting some for the landing to replace low toy storage units. I had thought they might not be deep enough, but we have got some deeper bookshelves elsewhere that we could use if we moved the books to new Billys.

Cozie, yes we do have a loft and it's pretty accessible so that's a possibility too.

cozietoesie Wed 30-Dec-15 14:11:21

You're away the. smile Best to rememberer though to,keep it as triage space. Once you break into using the loft, you're doomed unless you genuinely have a throwing out session on a fairly regular basis. wink

cozietoesie Wed 30-Dec-15 14:11:41

*then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now