Talk

Advanced search

Please can someone help me choose good single mattresses?

(2 Posts)
aprilshowerssoon Tue 29-Dec-15 09:09:33

Can anyone please recommend single mattresses as I am totally confused. I bought cheapish mattresses (I think around £250 each) about 5 years ago or so when children got new beds and were told they would be fine until adults. Children are now saying they are uncomfortable and to be fair I can feel the springs in them with my hand so they probably need replacing. This is a problem when you don't know what you are talking about and you just get "sold" something by salesman.

Can someone please suggest a make or even model of mattresses for replacing them which will last up the usual 7-8 years and are comfortable?

I don't think I want a memory foam for children/teenagers as not sure these are generally felt to be a great idea?

Have looked at John Lewis but some of the single mattresses are astronomically expensive (£1500?!!+)- what exactly do I need? here is a link to the page but happy to buy from anywhere (although possibly not the place I bought fron last time!smile)

www.johnlewis.com/…/vie…/size=single/_/N-caoZ1z13zgs

Thanks very much.

kermit79 Wed 30-Dec-15 17:17:54

The comfiest mattress we have ever bought is my DS's and is the IKEA Hovak. I love it. I will be replacing our much more expensive mattress with the double bed equivalent from Ikea when the time comes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now