Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning round bath after each use

(6 Posts)
PotteryLottery Mon 21-Dec-15 20:50:56

When people on this thread say they clean around the bath after every shower, what exactly does this involve?

Do you don gloves and use a cleaning product each day?

DM never did this so I don't know what to do (be gentle with me please)smile

Houseworkavoider Mon 21-Dec-15 20:59:05

Well I just wipe it with a cloth/cleaning sponge or a flannel (flannel goes in a hot wash after). I sometimes don't wipe but give it a rinse with the shower head.
To make the taps shine between proper cleans I buff with lop roll/towel about to go in wash.

SinglePringle Mon 21-Dec-15 21:07:35

Spray cleaner round the bath / edge of bath / taps once it's empty. Use rough side of a scourer. Rinse with shower.

Every time. Takes no more than 1min.

Do the same with the sink in the morning.

Chuck a load of loo cleaner down the pan every night (plus whenever else needed...).

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 27-Dec-15 23:01:48

I spray it with smart price multi surface mixed 50/50 with water and wipe.

Any bits get rinsed with a jug of water afterwards.

gamerchick Sun 27-Dec-15 23:03:24

I don't spray after every use, I just dry it off and buff to a shine. 3 times a week is enough for a proper clean.

RedMapleLeaf Mon 28-Dec-15 19:01:50

I squirt with dilute vinegar before my shower (which is over the bath) and then wipe around with a cloth afterwards. I agree with PP about drying off with a towel too. I think drying and removing any standing water is the thing that beats unsightly lime scale and mould.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now