Talk

Advanced search

oven cleaning

(12 Posts)
Donge13 Mon 21-Dec-15 00:28:03

Need to clean a oven that looks like it's not been cleaned for years by the looks of it. Anyone got any tips ?

BikeRunSki Mon 21-Dec-15 00:32:11

Get a man in! Seriously, Google "ovenu" and your area and find a professional oven cleaner. They made my oven look showroom new.

DramaAlpaca Mon 21-Dec-15 00:33:05

Oven Pride works really well if you want to tackle it yourself rather than getting a professional cleaner in to do it. I was surprised how good a job it did on my grubby oven, and it's not expensive either.

raisin3cookies Mon 21-Dec-15 00:35:06

I've got an ovenu man coming on Tuesday. smile They use non toxic chemicals, so the house doesn't smell awful afterwards either.

Donge13 Mon 21-Dec-15 00:39:13

Tried to get a man but fully booked. Was going to mr muscle the inside and door and oven pride the shelves. I honestly don't think it's been done for years!! Was hoping someone had a less chemically solution

wowfudge Mon 21-Dec-15 04:52:06

I just cleaned ours using Oven Pride and it is brilliant stuff. I cleaned the pan stands with it in the bag with the oven shelves and they came up like new. It doesn't have a strong smell (or much smell at all) and makes light work of things. I use a Stanley scraper on the oven door glass after leaving the Oven Pride on it for a while.

In the past I've also used it on a grill pan which I don't think the tenant in a house we used to own had ever properly cleaned and that came up like new.

wowfudge Mon 21-Dec-15 04:55:15

I use Oven Pride on the whole oven btw - just leave it on for a couple hours while you go and do something else. Honestly it really works and means you don't spend hours scrubbing. Put the shelves in the bag overnight.

BahHumbugs Mon 21-Dec-15 05:07:02

I get my oven pride copy in our 99p store & its great, I used to much though I think.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 21-Dec-15 06:55:50

I looked at the state of mine and bought a new oven <helpful>

EarSlaps Mon 21-Dec-15 07:59:35

Oven Pride is good but didn't do a great job on the top of my oven as it doesn't cling as much, it's a bit runny.

Oven Mate (from Lakeland) is much better- you paint it on, leave it overnight and wipe out. It doesn't smell but you do need to wear gloves and long sleeves as it will burn your skin. It worked well on the burnt on bits on our hob too.

They also do a different formula for oven shelves with a bag, more like oven pride.

rabbit123 Mon 21-Dec-15 08:23:28

I don't like oven pride particularly. It does work but it's highly toxic. Read the warning labels and ingredients.

We get Ovenu or a similar service in once a year and then keep on top of it with Astonish oven cleaning paste. That stuff is brilliant. A very light scrub down with it is all that is needed, then wipe it off. It's non-caustic, non-toxic and biodegradable.

Donge13 Mon 21-Dec-15 14:59:51

I got some oven pride and it has come up a treat! Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now