Talk

Advanced search

Vacuum cleaner recommendations please

(6 Posts)
LadyRivers1 Sun 20-Dec-15 18:38:28

I plan to look for a new pull along hoover in the sales, I currently have an upright dyson which is falling to bits and is a bit cumbersome to be honest. I was planning to go for a dyson again, but before I invest thought I would research other brands, preferrably bagless. Thanks!

MuttonCadet Sun 20-Dec-15 18:53:11

Mercedes, it's fantastic, very powerful and sorts out pet hairs.

rabbit123 Sun 20-Dec-15 21:45:53

Are you wanting an upright or a cylinder?

If you want an upright, I'd recommend a Sebo. Ours is 20+ years old now and still runs like new. We've tried to replace it twice now with fancy new vacuums but none of them live up to our old hand-me-down Sebo!

If you want a cylinder, look at both Henry (or Hetty, they're both the same) or Miele. Both are great vacs, very reliable

bingohandjob Mon 21-Dec-15 20:22:18

Sebo Felix - bagged, upright, brilliant. Breaks down into carrying canister type for car, got extra long cord and I've got extra long extension for stairs. They are used in hotels etc - super suction. John Lewis will price match if you find good price and then they'll give you the better/longer warranty etc.

MrsMarigold Mon 21-Dec-15 20:27:03

I love Miele.

LadyRivers1 Tue 22-Dec-15 22:29:53

Thank you!! Will have a look at all these. It's a cylinder I'm looking for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now