Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else doing a pre-MIL visit blitz?

(11 Posts)
hippospot Mon 14-Dec-15 17:56:02

Today I've cleaned inside the bins, done the fridge and oven, the windows and exterior sills.

Later in the week I'll be doing all the beds and tablecloths, in addition to the usual weekly clean. And buying wine.

She's not even the type to care about the state of my house, but I guess it's a point of pride that the place is immaculate!

MissTeriName Mon 14-Dec-15 18:00:14

Yeah, but for DM, not MIL (who has never visited). Thankfully DM isn't fussy but 'her' room has been a dumping ground all year so that's taken an effort. Still loads to do but am knackered.

alltouchedout Mon 14-Dec-15 18:02:07

I do a DM blitz every time she visits. It's quite a good motivator!

penguinsarecool Tue 15-Dec-15 18:47:55

When is she coming?

imwithspud Tue 15-Dec-15 19:08:40

I always try and get everything spic and span before a pil visit but it never quite works out that way for me.

SirChenjin Tue 15-Dec-15 19:11:34

God no! If she doesn't like the state of the house she can take it up with DH and/or get dusting.

hesterton Tue 15-Dec-15 19:13:10

I'm doing a DIL blitz! This thing goes two ways you know! wink

iklboo Tue 15-Dec-15 19:21:53

Gods no. DH gets a bit frantic for The Royal Visit, but this is our house. She can comment on how it looks when she pays the rent & the bills.

She once had a right go at DH about how filthy the fridge was. He opened the door & showed her it was pristine. After a minute she said 'oh, well it must have been BIL2's fridge I was thinking of'. hmm

yomellamoHelly Wed 16-Dec-15 21:07:09

Am planning on shoving a whole load of stuff in the attic grin

penguinsarecool Wed 16-Dec-15 21:09:06

Goes without saying Helly grin

WaitingForMe Tue 29-Dec-15 11:19:58

Given that MIL might one day make an appearance on a TV programme about hoarders, no.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now