Talk

Advanced search

How to get the smell of vomit out of a carpet?

(5 Posts)
Bellyrub1980 Mon 14-Dec-15 08:55:58

My 1 year old was poorly yesterday and threw up over our living room carpet. It was a few hours after her bottle so the vomit mainly consisted of sour milk (sorry for TMI but might be relevant).

I cleaned the carpet as soon as I could (about an hour later) with vanish carpet spray but the smell lingered. So just before bed I cleaned it again.

This morning the smell is still quite strong.

Any tips?

borntobequiet Mon 14-Dec-15 08:59:37

You can get sprays from pet shops to eliminate pet stains and odours. Pets at Home do a really good one and it will get rid of any biological smells. You might have to apply a couple of times.

Bellyrub1980 Mon 14-Dec-15 09:01:12

Ok lovely, thank you!

TheGirlOnTheLanding Mon 14-Dec-15 09:17:19

Bicarbonate of soda also works - sprinkle a generous layer, leave for a few hours then Hoover up. I think it's the main ingredient in things like shake n vac (but without the synthetic floral smell added so less yuck).

LovelyBranches Tue 15-Dec-15 14:23:00

I was going to say bi carb. Alternatively just scrub it a few more times with fairy liquid water, it helps dissolve grease and it does help with the smell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now