Talk

Advanced search

Do you think a bag or bagless vacuum is easier/better?

(15 Posts)
Monica101 Sun 13-Dec-15 19:46:29

I have a bagless vacuum at the moment, have had it for years and I have to wash the filter so frequently.

I bought it as I thought I'd save money and hassle having to not change the bag but now I wonder if bagged is less high maintenance overall?

Any thoughts? I'm going to buy a new vacuum in January.

bingohandjob Sun 13-Dec-15 21:30:25

Definitely bag. Better suction. Sebo or Miele if you can afford it.

wonkylegs Sun 13-Dec-15 21:33:30

Our bagged Miele is sooooo much better than our old bag less Dyson.
Vacuums better, easier to empty, quieter, lighter and all round a far superior vacuum.

Monica101 Sun 13-Dec-15 22:23:20

Is there a filter to wash on a bag vacuum? It's that monthly washing of the filter that I find annoying.

Plus it's general decline from great suction after washing until useless just before a wash.

AnyoneButSanta Sun 13-Dec-15 22:25:42

The one problem with a bagged vacuum cleaner is that it ends up full of priceless bits of Lego. I end up cutting open the bags and filtering out the vital stuff by hand before putting the dust in the compost bin.

AvaCrowder Sun 13-Dec-15 22:25:55

Cordless bag less comes out everyday. I love it. I've got hard floors though.

AnyoneButSanta Sun 13-Dec-15 22:26:35

Bagged vacuums have disposable filters.

janethegirl2 Sun 13-Dec-15 22:30:24

Bag as I'm allergic to house dust so I seal the bag then get rid of!

rabbit123 Mon 14-Dec-15 14:51:48

Bagged, hands down. I hated cleaning the filter on our Dyson.

The Sebo filter doesn't need any washing. It needs replacing every 10 bags (which is about 2 years) and you get a replacement filter set when you buy a box of bags. So each time I get a new box of bags, I replace the filters too. I just throw them in the bin, no washing required.

wonkylegs Tue 15-Dec-15 09:58:21

The Miele filter is just replaced I haven't needed to do it yet but a spare comes in the box of bags.

Monica101 Tue 15-Dec-15 13:19:43

Thank you for the replies.

A disposable filter sounds much easier. I will look for a Miele or sebo in the new year smile

iwantgin Tue 15-Dec-15 13:22:20

I have gone back to bagged.

Bought a sebo a couple of years ago - on recommendation of mnet smile

I haven't yet changed or cleaned a filter. To be fair I have only just bought a new pack of bags - after using up those which came with the vacuum cleaner.

Seems to hold a lot of dust- and the suction doesn't decrease.

rabbit123 Tue 15-Dec-15 14:42:16

The great thing about bags as well is you can pick up things like brick dust, small stones, cold ash etc which you can't with a bagless vac as they clog up.

PolterGoose Wed 16-Dec-15 18:59:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marylou2 Fri 18-Dec-15 21:50:12

Just switched from Dyson to a bagged Miele. Totally ashamed of the crap the Miele has dragged out of the carpets I thought I'd vacuumed blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now