Talk

Advanced search

Where do you store your mop

(21 Posts)
90sforever Sun 13-Dec-15 12:55:47

And broom ironing board etc? Mine tend to live in the garden/ playroom blush but there must be an actual place they go. I don't have any storage tall enough. The garage is a possibility but it's detached from the house so takes a bit more effort to retrieve

Dontbesilly Sun 13-Dec-15 13:27:01

Under stairs cupboard for us. Most things are in there, hoover, mop and bucket and steam mop etc.

Although clothes airers stay tucked away between wardrobes upstairs as I only use them upstairs.

I would live a utility room though.

Dontbesilly Sun 13-Dec-15 13:28:24

Live means love, autocorrect I blame you. wink

shutupandshop Sun 13-Dec-15 13:32:16

Downstairs toilet

Arfarfanarf Sun 13-Dec-15 13:33:54

in the bin.

my bloody husband keeps throwing them away.

He puts them outside because he claims there's no room for a mop and bucket in the house hmm and we play move the bucket for a bit and then they get manky due to too much time outside and he gets rid of them.

I refuse to buy them any more and make him go on his hands and knees with a cloth.

Now I've got that off my chest grin they go wherever they fit. If you can get one of those mops that folds down into itself it's easier because then you don't have the long mop to deal with.

Our ironing board lives next to the airing cupboard. There's a little square bit that fits it and the hoover nicely.

Broom is in the shed (ask me why the mop and bucket can't go in the shed? - because I married an IDIOT that's why!)

bimandbam Sun 13-Dec-15 13:38:25

Mop and bucket in downstairs loo. Ironing board, hoover, brush etc in cupboard under stairs with tumble dryer.

If I squint a bit and ignore the sloping ceiling I csn sort of pretend it's a utility room! Would really love a utility room. And if I didn't also love the downstairs loo would happily turn that into a utility room.

I would also love a boot room. Instead of a pile of shoes and coats in the hall despite the numerous hooks and actual shoe storage.

Whataboutreindeer Sun 13-Dec-15 13:44:07

Free P&P Iron Holder Set www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GOZSVCE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_0xxBwbE786BNX We have one of these for iron. Mop bucket I have no idea.

90sforever Sun 13-Dec-15 13:47:33

Arf thats us too grin

I turned the utility room into a playroom stupid

Fold down mop now?!

Sadly none of my cupboards are tall enough for a mop but a fold
down one- hello!!

Arfarfanarf Sun 13-Dec-15 13:54:05

yes. they twist down onto themselves and then they aren't much taller than the bucket itself.

90sforever Sun 13-Dec-15 13:55:14

I love that ironing board holder. Have ordered. DH is going to kill me for drilling holes in the oak doors

AtSea1979 Sun 13-Dec-15 13:56:23

Down stairs loo and under stairs cupboard

Honu Sun 13-Dec-15 13:58:02

Mop hangs up on a hook outside the back door so mophead doesn't touch the ground and it doesn't fester wetly. Has lived there for 3 years, no stinky cupboards, and has not died yet!

90sforever Sun 13-Dec-15 14:04:29

There is all manner of folding mops and even collapsible buckets available. Amazing

florenceandermintrude Sun 13-Dec-15 17:34:52

In the downstairs shower with ironing board and steam cleaner. Fortunately we don't use the shower very often!

Sgtmajormummy Sun 13-Dec-15 18:07:39

On my very useful Ikea Algot shelving system. There are side brackets with hooks. All the brooms etc have strings to hang them up and the mop bucket fits below to catch any drips.
I also rinse and spin the Vileda mop heads so they're basically dry when I hang them up.
My ironing board is a mini one that hangs in the wardrobe (detest ironing) and the airer lives outside.

treaclesoda Sun 13-Dec-15 18:09:44

Mop and bucket in the garage. Iron and ironing board in the 'big' cupboard in the hallway. The big cupboard was one of the major selling points when we bought our house as we had noticed that most houses just didn't have anywhere to store that sort of stuff.

AlisonWunderland Sun 13-Dec-15 18:24:45

I have some C clips on back of utility door for mop and floor brush.
Lets mop head dry out properly

ouryve Sun 13-Dec-15 20:45:23

Don't have a mop. Filthy smelly things.

Ironing board is on a hook against the wall behind the bathroom door.

CremeEggThief Sun 13-Dec-15 20:47:45

In my storage cupboard in the kitchen. I have a Vileda spray mop, so wash and dry the mop head after every use. My ironing board lives there too, even though I no longer possess an iron!

Paddingtonthebear Sun 13-Dec-15 20:50:17

In a gap between the fridge freezer and the wal

Alicewasinwonderland Mon 14-Dec-15 12:31:53

brooms and mops are in the garage.
I only have one sink in the kitchen, so I have to go outside to rinse the bucket and mops with the outside hose anyway, so it's easy to stick everything in the garage once I am done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now