Talk

Advanced search

Bosch or GTech cordless?

(18 Posts)
sacbina Thu 10-Dec-15 12:24:01

GTech gets rave reviews on here
Bosch comes top in Which?

Any personal preferences or are they all pretty similar these days. Tried out a Dyson Animal and it was just too noisy

many thanks

rabbit123 Thu 10-Dec-15 20:27:52

Bosch has all the dusting tools with it. Gtech is just for floors

malin100 Thu 10-Dec-15 23:03:34

I'm looking at both too as mentioned on other thread. From what I can tell, downside of Bosch is how you connect the tools (faff at best and physically impossible according to some), downside of Gtech is it doesn't even have them! So I'd need a separate handheld which gets costly.

sacbina Fri 11-Dec-15 20:14:03

Anyone? ?

Luckystar1 Fri 11-Dec-15 20:19:54

Sorry I know you have dismissed the Dyson but we have (I think) the V6 and it is absolutely amazing. I use it multiple times a day, and I actually think it's better than our Dyson vacuum.

firesidechat Sun 13-Dec-15 12:02:36

Don't buy the handheld Gtech whatever you do. It is useless and I assume that's because the motor isn't strong enough and the suction is almost nonexistent. As for cleaning the car - forget it. I hear that the cordless upright is good.

sacbina Mon 14-Dec-15 07:36:37

Ooh thanks for that tip. The search continues..

OolonColluphid Mon 14-Dec-15 07:44:15

I use the Bosch at work, it can't quite handle the house, but that's a hard used large house, it's fine for fluff and crumbs but can't pick up a little stone or flower head. I've just been given an aeg ergorapido and its fine for daily use but I think I'll be getting the Dyson out for thorough cleans.

Trumpton Mon 14-Dec-15 07:47:52

MIL has the Gtech and I like it but the filters should be washed every month and are a fiddle to get back into place.
We were given an extra set of filters when we bought it.

DD has the hand held dyson and I really rate that .

sacbina Mon 14-Dec-15 18:51:30

Hmmm and now the VAX gets quite a good review. Dyson keeps coming out top but it's so noisy! Or does that reflect the suction power. Really need to get a grip and make a decision but it's such a huge amount of money don't want to get it wrong!

PinkSquash Mon 14-Dec-15 22:07:53

I have the Gtech K9 and the handheld and they're bloody brilliant. The filters get clogged quite quickly, but they just need a wash and they're fine. It cleans really well on everything, or so I've found.

rabbit123 Mon 14-Dec-15 22:17:07

sacbina, not sure what you've been using but the Dyson handhelds aren't loud at all. The mains powered Dysons are quite loud but the cordless ones are really not that loud at all. You can have a conversation over them and can barely hear them in the next room.

My Mum is on her second cordless vac. They have a big, heavy Kirby vacuum which was getting too much to use day to day. As a few others have said, the cordless models are great for a quick whip round but as my parents found out, they don't match the performance of a mains powered vacuum and they still have to go round every few weeks with the big vacuum to give everywhere a really good clean.

I'm in no hurry to get a cordless vac, but if I had to choose, I'd get the Bosch. Which Best Buy, a reliable brand and it comes with tools

sacbina Mon 14-Dec-15 22:20:31

Hi rabbit. I tried out all the models on display at John lewis and the dyson was noticeably louder. So much so that the kids automatically clamped hands over ears and wailed!

rabbit123 Mon 14-Dec-15 22:38:32

The wailed at a cordless Dyson? Good job you don't have a mains powered one, those things are screamers!

I wouldn't have thought noise would be a massive issue though, it's not like you're running it constantly. Surely how it cleans should be the top feature to look for?

kansasmum Mon 14-Dec-15 22:48:19

I love my Gtech cordless. I have the handheld too and until recently thought it was crap as suction was rubbish. But then discovered I'd replaced the filter completely wrong and once the customer support lady talked me through it,it now sucks up beautifully again !

Floralnomad Mon 14-Dec-15 22:55:36

I have a Bosch Athlet , it's fantastic and it replaced a cordless animal Dyson which IMO was crap . My mum has the Vax and I've not used it but my DH says its suction power was not that impressive when he used it at the weekend .

malin100 Tue 15-Dec-15 22:04:41

Floral, how do you find using the tools on the Athlet?

Floralnomad Wed 16-Dec-15 06:58:44

The tools are fiddly and I don't use them much , I have a bit of a vacuum collection so don't really need to .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now