Talk

Advanced search

Running freezer in a small space a few feet away from a tumble dryer...

(6 Posts)
StarryStarryElf Wed 09-Dec-15 16:40:42

I have the chance of a chest freezer, very much needed as I often leave bargains behind (that we would use) due to lack of freezer room.

The only thing is that the only space available is in a very poor excuse for a utility room with a tumble dryer. It is very likely that a basket of clean washing will end up on top of the freezer at times too.

Will this work? Or will the freezer just die, I never actually run the dryer with the door shut anyway for fear of overheating.

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Wed 09-Dec-15 16:46:37

My fridge freezer has lived a foot away from my tumble dryer for the last 5 years and both are fine.

mumblechum1 Wed 09-Dec-15 16:56:55

My spare freezer and tumble dryer are both in the garage just a few feet away from each other and both are fine

<<of course both will break down now I've said that>>

OurBlanche Wed 09-Dec-15 17:00:04

Next time you get/see some of that packing polystyrene in a sheet, trim it down and slide it between them. Our last one lasted for a decade like that, with no problems at all.

StarryStarryElf Wed 09-Dec-15 17:23:53

Wonderful! Thank you all fsmile

NannyR Thu 10-Dec-15 21:01:35

My freezer and tumble dryer (prob only used once or twice a week) are directly next to each other, couple of inches between them. The freezer is fine, I've had them like that for about five years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now