Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cleaner or not?

(9 Posts)
PositivePete Mon 30-Nov-15 21:22:55

I can just about afford one for 2 hours a week (at around £12ph)

But what would I get for that??

I work full time, single parent to DS 2

I'm fussy, hate clutter, like things clean, neat & tidy.

I feel guilty for spending a morning at the weekend cleaning when I should be having fun with DS or actually is that normal!?

For 2hrs a week would it be worth it?

itsmeohlord Mon 30-Nov-15 21:26:04

Depending on size of your property and how tidy it is , you should get the whole place hoovered, bathroom done, dusting, kitchen.

Definitely worth it if you can afford it.

purplepandas Mon 30-Nov-15 21:28:13

Absolutely! I have just got a cleaner for the first time. Went back to work FT and I work more than my hours (just finished now). We have a 4 bed house and ours is cleaned in four hours. Vacuumed, floors mopped (lots of hard surfaces), dusting etc plus bathrooms cleaned (x2). I am very tidy which helps the cleaner. If I wasn't, she would not be able to do this in the time. She is amazing!

purplepandas Mon 30-Nov-15 21:29:03

Cleaned in two hours, not four. Sorry.

PippaFawcett Mon 30-Nov-15 21:28:41

I will watch this thread with interest. We had a cleaner once and it was awful - she used to ignore my list of priorities and do things like fold the washing on the clothes horse which was great but I wanted to come home to a clean bathroom!

She was ever so lovely and I kept trying to make it work but in the end our circumstances changed so we couldn't keep a cleaner on anyway. I am back working ft again now and I am starting to think wistfully of coming home to a clean home and getting my weekends back!

PositivePete Mon 30-Nov-15 21:50:19

Ok! I'm sold ...

Now where does one find a reputable cleaner???

itsmeohlord Mon 30-Nov-15 21:53:41

Word of mouth is how I got mine - friend of a friend.

Bambooshoots14 Mon 30-Nov-15 22:00:32

Hassle.com is a great agency. It's £10 ph and you pay the agency online (it takes payment automatically) so no need to worry about getting cash out

janethegirl2 Mon 30-Nov-15 22:01:22

I once had a really good cleaner by word of mouth. The later ones were not so good. Eventually I decided that the money spent on a cleaner would be better spent on a takeaway which was delivered leaving me one evening clear to clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now