Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

where do you store your DCs' 'trinkets'?

(10 Posts)
Ktay Mon 30-Nov-15 16:49:37

You know the sort of thing - kinder egg toys, comic freebies, the less disposable party bag tat, shopkins and other overpriced blind bag 'treasures'. Where do you store yours so they actually get looked at more than once? Would love to put them in the bin but feels wrong when the DDs have spent their own money on some of this crap stuff...

Artandco Mon 30-Nov-15 17:01:51

Bin

Arfarfanarf Mon 30-Nov-15 17:02:40

Erm.
You wont like my answer then grin

Years and years of plastic tat made me ruthless.

Ktay Mon 30-Nov-15 17:06:17

Well, that's my preferred receptacle too but was wondering whether there was some magic storage solution I'd overlooked grin

starlight36 Mon 30-Nov-15 17:12:15

DD has a small toy suitcase which she uses to store these type of the trinkets. When it gets full she has to decide what gets binned to make place for more treasures.

starlight36 Mon 30-Nov-15 17:14:08

Forgot to say if DH had his way everything small and plastic would be binned at the earliest opportunity but this has been my compromise.

ThereIsIron Mon 30-Nov-15 17:21:54

Shoebox. When it's full some things have to go.

Ktay Mon 30-Nov-15 17:42:55

Thanks - letting them have a box of crap each sounds like a good way to go!

Fuckitfay Mon 30-Nov-15 17:51:46

Mine have a empty ice cream / empty shoebox / small basket box of crap each that lives in 1) the kitchen and a second box in the bedroom as this where the trinket crap tended to accumulate. occasionally I'll chuck the worst of the plastic crap / twigs / stones etc - they've never noticed anything missing to date

scrivette Tue 01-Dec-15 13:46:19

In a small clear plastic box - ideally so DS can see what he wants and take it out but in reality it just gets tipped over the floor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now