Talk

Advanced search

Steam mop: worth getting one that vacuums too?

(12 Posts)
2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Sat 28-Nov-15 19:10:29

I'd like to get a steam more for the vinyl floors in kitchen, bathroom and large conservatory / dining room.
There seem to be a few that vacuum up the bits so you don't have to do that or sweep first.
Anyone got one? Is it better? If it works really well I'll invest in one, as if it's quick and easy I'll use it...

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Sat 28-Nov-15 22:43:00

No one? Are all the steam mop owners out on the town of a Saturday night?

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Sun 29-Nov-15 07:58:10

Last bump. Hope the steam mop users had a good night ;)

IndomitabIe Sun 29-Nov-15 08:02:52

Well the inference here is that vacuumy-steam-moppers obviously have the time & energy for massive nights out, right?

Where do I buy one?

RoganJosh Sun 29-Nov-15 08:07:59

I think it's better to just get separates. The only extra effort is getting another appliance out, you still have to actually vacuum.

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Sun 29-Nov-15 08:28:30

But I'd have to get the Hoover out, plug in, Hoover, wind the cable back up and put it away. There's a good chance the DC would have interrupted me by then...

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 30-Nov-15 11:20:45

Hi all - we're going to pop this over to Housekeeping for the OP.

HermioneWeasley Mon 30-Nov-15 11:26:47

I have Separate ones. Not sure how well a combined would work - surely it would be very heavy?

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Mon 30-Nov-15 15:02:46

That's what I'm wondering. Or if it only does a rubbishy job of each.

BarleysFiddle Mon 30-Nov-15 15:29:58

My Mam has a combi steamer/vacuum thing. I think it's called a Polti Vaporetto. It weighs a ton, is absolutely massive and I can't work it without reading the instructions. She absolutely loves it though.

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Mon 30-Nov-15 16:08:04

Something like this one?
www.amazon.co.uk/Polti-Lecoaspira-Friendly-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B00814Y9KE
A little more than I can spend at £300 and does look a lot heavier / bulkier.

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Mon 30-Nov-15 19:52:01

Perhaps I'll just get one of those long handled dustpan and brush thingamabobs to use first, to save getting the Hoover out every time and get a standard steam mop...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now