Talk

Advanced search

sticky marks on DS's school blazer - please help!

(8 Posts)
runner2 Wed 25-Nov-15 18:35:23

It doesn't seem to be chewing gum, could be glue... Looks awful and I can't get it off! Tried scraping, wetting, rubbing with damp cloth but nothing is helping at all, and I know just treating with pre-wash stain remover then washing it isn't going to work. I'd be very grateful for advice. confused

AlmaMartyr Wed 25-Nov-15 23:06:32

Sticky Stuff Remover? I got some recently and it's fab, cleaned sticker remnants off DD's uniform.

bookbook Wed 25-Nov-15 23:26:14

Just asked my DH - he is the expert in my house.
He said can depend on the glue.
if it is glue, so he has 3 suggestions
Put it in a plastic bag, tie tight and put it in the freezer - it may be possible to chip off when frozen
or
Turps substitute - try a small area first
or
Cigarette lighter fuel - again try a small area first
Good Luck!

annielostit Thu 26-Nov-15 06:58:27

Stain slayer spray, in aldi or Lakeland.

dementedpixie Thu 26-Nov-15 10:22:58

De-solvit pre wash spray from supermarket. It removes sticky marks, chewing gum, etc plus other tough stains

dementedpixie Thu 26-Nov-15 10:23:36

www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=250707542 - looks like this

runner2 Thu 26-Nov-15 16:28:15

I had to do something quick - no time to shop for anything overnight - and I suddenly came up with the idea of a good old-fashioned net-type cloth, wet, and a bar of soap. Just rubbed the soap in with the abrasive cloth and scrubbed vigorously, which gradually lifted the glue. Then just rinsed with clean damp cloth and hey presto - it worked! smile Thanks for your help everyone.

ElasticPants Fri 27-Nov-15 22:55:24

grin I've just read the thread title as 'skid marks'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now