Talk

Advanced search

TMI alert, completely blocked toilet

(13 Posts)
AdoraBell Wed 25-Nov-15 15:44:31

Can I use soda crystals to unblock it?

TIA

wowfudge Wed 25-Nov-15 18:02:49

Only likely to work if it's grease blocking it perhaps? What have you tried so far?

AdoraBell Thu 26-Nov-15 12:34:30

Sorry, tried to respond yesterday but it wouldn't work.

So far have tried hours of elbow grease with a loo rush. Unfortunately it isn't grease causing the blockage.

Mylittlelights Thu 26-Nov-15 13:00:08

Use a mop as a plunger to clear the blockage.

Then leave the mop in toilet bowl and cover with bleach.

Give it half hour and flush (with mop head still in toilet)

janinlondon Thu 26-Nov-15 13:23:17

This works, Honestly

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 26-Nov-15 13:28:25

You need a large sink plunger - hardware shop, few quid.

NoSquirrels Thu 26-Nov-15 13:34:03

Have you used a coat hanger to stick in and riddle around? The loo brush won't bend, but a coat hanger will.

Imfinehowareyou Thu 26-Nov-15 13:51:34

Our loo is hopeless, it blocks all the time. The revolting solution is to grit your teeth, stick one arm in a bin bag (vet's arm up cow's bum stylee) and push the blockage until it moves. Yes it's disgusting but it does work. Pull the binbag with your fingers as you peel it off and it will turn inside out ready to bin.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 26-Nov-15 13:58:12

I think these low water usage ones block more easily. Toilet unblocking is a regular feature of my life these days...

AdoraBell Thu 26-Nov-15 19:50:12

I don't have any wire hangers, will try the mop and see if that works. Thank you everyone

QforCucumber Thu 17-Dec-15 14:39:18

Know this was agessss ago but...

whenever our nephew sleeps over he blocks our toilet angry (apparently he will only go every 3 days or so, and his parents think this blocking thing isn't an issue) I have found a sprinkling of washing powder put down and left overnight then a flush on the morning sorts it right out! found it online somewhere and it bloody well works!

HeyMacWey Thu 17-Dec-15 14:44:24

Mop will work - put a bin bag over it first though.

Last time our toilet blocked dh bought some kind of pressurised plunger thing from wickes - basically a plunger which you stuck down the loo as far as possible til it formes a seal then pump air in til the force moved the blockage.

CakeThat Thu 17-Dec-15 14:49:18

Definitely mop with plastic bag tied over the top. Plunge it in and out of the water a few times and when you lift it out the blockage will have broken up and dispersed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now