Talk

Advanced search

Ideas and experience of home supermarket delivery experiences

(16 Posts)
anotherbusymum14 Tue 24-Nov-15 13:09:12

Just that really. I need to look into this and wondered which one people could recommend. Thanks.

I use Tesco home delivery a lot, and have always found it very good. I don't think I have had any mad substitutions, or deliveries that didn't turn up, and when there was a problem, it was always resolved quickly, with no fuss.

Snozberry Tue 24-Nov-15 13:25:20

Morrisons are the best by far. They use the same system as Ocado but the products are cheaper and imo nicer. Their customer service is brilliant and I've only ever had one missing item for which they gave me an unprompted voucher of compensation on top of the refund.

Snozberry Tue 24-Nov-15 13:25:48

Asda is to be avoided at all costs, so many things go wrong and their customer service is terrible if you do have a problem.

timelytess Tue 24-Nov-15 13:27:13

Tesco were rubbish. They always sent decaying fruit and veg and dented cans. Really, no good at all. Substitutions were rife.

potap123 Tue 24-Nov-15 13:28:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Epilepsyhelp Tue 24-Nov-15 13:28:58

Ocado have always been brill for me, always on time, very few substitutions and really nice drivers. 5p off the bill for every carrier bag you return too

sparechange Tue 24-Nov-15 13:29:23

Ocado is brilliant. The drivers are all so polite and helpful, and they price match to Tesco so it is great value for money

Jenda Tue 24-Nov-15 13:30:51

I've used Asda, Sainsburys and Tesco and had no problems. Tesco always have given me superior substitutes and yesterday they packed some veg separately because it only had one day left before bbe to check I wanted it. Also once I forgot I had a delivery and went out and as I called them to apologise hours later the driver turned up at 10am at the end of his shift to see if I was back, and he was still jolly!

Jenda Tue 24-Nov-15 13:30:51

I mean 10pm!

ouryve Tue 24-Nov-15 13:33:36

It depends what options you have. We only have Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys to choose from and I do very little shopping in the first two, in the first place. As I prefer Sainsbury's's's's's (not sure where to put the apostrophes in a name that already has one!) product range, I use their delivery service. It's OK and rarely goes drastically wrong. The drivers are good enough to phone if they're suck in traffic on a run where they've been allocated 15 minutes to get to you from somewhere that's 20 minutes away on a good day. Some of their picking methods leave something to be desired, though. Bananas inevitably end up in a bag with tins (obviously not if you go bagless) and I was less than impressed the time that scented nappy bags were put in with my bakery counter bread in the perforated bags.

Eggs often arrive with one smashed, by that doesn't bother me, as it means I get them for free grin

anotherbusymum14 Tue 24-Nov-15 13:48:13

Thank you for all your experiences and ideas. I was thinking about Ocado and possibly Sainsbury's. So that's all good to hear. We do have the option of Ocado so I will probably look into that first. Thanks again everyone flowers.

BornToFolk Tue 24-Nov-15 13:51:08

If you are trying out a few, make sure you search for vouchers. Most supermarkets offer money off the first shop.

VulcanWoman Tue 24-Nov-15 14:02:59

Ocado is the best one. I've tried them all to get the special offer first shops. I must try Morrisons though, only one I haven't tried, same system as Ocado but cheaper, sounds good.

JoanGalt Tue 24-Nov-15 14:11:08

Ocado are brilliant in my experience.
They are always on time, I can order my shopping last minute and it arrives the next day (I pay for a smart pass delivery thingy), they have loads of choice, I've never had anything substituted and their customer service is great.

cozietoesie Tue 24-Nov-15 20:29:31

I can't get Ocado where I am so I can only comment on Tesco and Sainsbury's which are the two I use. (I have delivery savers for both, the Tesco one largely paid for by boosted Tesco Clubcard points.)

They're both fine. Some little niggles occasionally but no more so than B&M shops. (My local supermarkets aren't perfect either.) Customer Services seems excellent for both orgnisations. (Forbye they have a slight tendency, if needed, to refund in several days (Tesco's) or to prefer to issue vouchers. (Sainsbury's.))

I would recommend looking for vouchers for 'first shops' as BornTo recommended. In fact, a good proportion of my shopping is offers - I have good storage facilities - and I've not found yet that my overall spending is more. I may not get the reduced items but I seem to be less inclined to impulse buy.

I'd enjoy it while you can - especially with the heavier stuff. I don't expect the current arrangements (where the supermarkets either lose money on online shopping or make so little that they wouldn't do it if they didn't now have to) to last for very long. I reckon that as soon as one of the biggies blinks, the others will follow gratefully. (I chat to the drivers a lot and their tales of their weird delivery schedules have me scratching my head in bewilderment.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now