Talk

Advanced search

Marie Kondo book just arrived!

(12 Posts)
TillITookAnArrowToTheKnee Fri 20-Nov-15 13:34:45

I bit the bullet earlier this week and ordered it on eBay. I am making a cuppa then sitting down to read.

Kondo-ers: fill me in on your experiences/opinions.

BuffytheScaryFeministBOO Fri 20-Nov-15 14:46:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhataRacquet Fri 20-Nov-15 14:54:35

Sorry to say it didn't work for me. Got rid of a fair bit of stuff but I am still as messy as ever and don't think I can be cured!

MadFestiveGnome Mon 23-Nov-15 04:55:42

Totally worked for me. She comes across as endearing but possibly a bit nuts in the book. But she has good advice and I've cleared out a whole room, kondoed all my clothes and all my books, as well as general piles of bits and pieces we had lying around. House looks much better!

Greengagesandham Mon 23-Nov-15 10:57:55

I did the book at the end of last year, I even got rid of furniture. Car loads went off to the charity shop, it's brilliant. I thought I was good at de-cluttering but apparently not. Paperwork was hard, lot's of angst and sad memories for me among old letters and cards (now all gone), you also need to keep a bit more paperwork than she suggests imo.

Others have asked why on earth you'd need a book to help you get rid of stuff but I obviously did.

I have regretted stuff that I have thrown away in the past, but with the MK system I can honestly say that I'd don't regret anything gong.

The trick is to keep on doing it, I have a cupboard that I need to do this week as it's become over run. Now I only ever buy clothes now that spark joy rather than things that 'will do'.

HarveySpectersBalls Mon 23-Nov-15 11:26:22

ok am going to click now and buy the kindle edition.
I am so sick of being surrounded by shit clutter

wowfudge Wed 25-Nov-15 18:06:57

I bought the book a few months ago, haven't opened it and don't know where I've put it! I have done quite a bit of decluttering without it though.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 25-Nov-15 18:12:25

wow that would so be me grin

I'm crap at finishing jobs

wowfudge Wed 25-Nov-15 18:22:00

The thing is that I'm not! - I ordered it when I had plenty of time on my hands thinking it would be useful as we're planning on moving house then got really busy. I do think it's ironic that I can't find the damn thing grin

Lady84 Thu 26-Nov-15 02:22:00

Just devoured this book in a day - can't wait to get started! So much of the advice seemed so sensible, can't understand why I haven't got rid of things before...

ilovetosleep Mon 07-Dec-15 13:31:07

Will this book help get me motivated or is it more of an instruction manual? I really really want to sort out my house, but I just don't feel like I have the time or energy. It feels like such an immense task just to start. Should I bother with the book?

KondoAttitude Mon 07-Dec-15 20:02:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now