Talk

Advanced search

Bathmat

(9 Posts)
Forgetmenotblue Sun 15-Nov-15 19:28:42

Any suggestions for replacing bath mats? Fed up with damp bath mats that never dry but lie around on the side of the bath being grim.

What's the solution? Are mine too thick to dry? (They are the fluffy kind).

exWifebeginsat40 Sun 15-Nov-15 19:30:01

I've never washed my bath mat so I'm not an expert.

however, I got it from dunelm and it's very hardy!

bonzo77 Sun 15-Nov-15 19:31:57

IKEA do synthetic ones which dry really fast. Colours might not be to every ones taste though (I've got them in red, orange and green). I've found the cotton ones take forever to dry then get smelly, and rubber backed ones even more so. The ikea ones do have a non slip back but not full on rubber iyswim.

Forgetmenotblue Sun 15-Nov-15 19:34:08

Thanks both!

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Sun 15-Nov-15 19:37:13

I've got the rubber backed ones from Dunelm, they're machine washable and dry fairly quickly overnight or so, but don't dry out sitting on bathroom floor very well, so I just wash them weekly.
I've thought about popping it on towel rail after showers but haven't been arsed to yet.

stardusty5 Sun 15-Nov-15 19:39:25

I just buy those hotel style ones that are like a coarse towel. They dry quite well on the radiator and then you can change them once or twice a week.

rabbit123 Sun 15-Nov-15 20:02:59

We've got those Ikea one's too. It has no rubber backing, but is very absorbant. It's also the same colour as our towels, so I throw it in the washing machine with those on a hot wash once a week. Because it doesn't have the rubber bit, it's easier to wash and doesn't have to go in the machine on it's own. No grim bath mat here smile

PolterGoose Sun 15-Nov-15 21:37:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rabbit123 Mon 16-Nov-15 14:40:07

exwifebeginsat40, have you honestly never washed your bathmat? That's really disgusting, they're one of the filthiest things in your house!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now