Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Washer/dryer Hotpoint or......?

(16 Posts)
ANiceSliceOfCake Fri 13-Nov-15 17:50:01

We need a new washer/dryer. No room for seperates. I've always had Hotpoint as that's what my mum had.

What other brands should I consider?

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 13-Nov-15 17:52:30

Can I just lurk along, because I want to get one too.
My last one was a Zanussi which I loved, but was hoping for a little more budget friendly.

Clutterbugsmum Fri 13-Nov-15 18:33:05

I'd get another make.

Hotpoint washer/dryers are next to useless.

Mine need to be completely rebuilt every 2 years, took ages to dry wet clothes.

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 13-Nov-15 18:37:18

I got 10 years out of my Zanussi but we are just a two person household and it will be occasional drying if that makes a difference.

ANiceSliceOfCake Fri 13-Nov-15 18:38:19

I've just been looking at the HOOVER WDXA496A2. That's looking the favourite so far.

LikeTheCoolKids Fri 13-Nov-15 18:41:40

My mum warned me off hotpoint appliances in general and she's outlived many she swears by Bosch and so that's the only brand I've bought and I've been very happy with. Currently in a rental house for the short term and they have indesit which in not very happy with either

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 13-Nov-15 19:30:07

A cheap bosch will be better.

Paperm0ver Fri 13-Nov-15 19:34:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeaveMyWingsBehindMe Fri 13-Nov-15 19:35:03

We have a Hotpoint washer dryer and it's broken at the moment. Less than 2 years old.

rabbit123 Sat 14-Nov-15 13:37:19

I wouldn't own anything made by Hotpoint again. Our washer was useless. Like you, I remember years ago they were the bee's knees but they're rubbish now. They got taken over by Indesit and have been crap ever since. The British Hotpoint company no longer exists.

Kleinzeit Sat 14-Nov-15 17:07:33

I used to have a Hoover Logic washer/drier, it was brilliant until it finally gave up the ghost after 15 years. But it was slightly narrower than the modern machines and the only replacement I could get to fit the space (59.5cm instead of 60cm wide) is a really REALLY crap Indesit machine. It doesn’t have a hot fill, it takes a variable amount of time to do the same wash – sometimes varies by hours(!) –and it creases everything horribly so I have to iron things I never needed to iron in the past. Oh and sometimes it refuses to switch off at the end of the cycle, even after I’ve pressed the finish button any number of time. I will never buy Indesit again. Remodel the kitchen rather.

trinitybleu Sat 14-Nov-15 17:11:28

Have a Hotpoint Aquarius which dries fine but has broken down at less than 2 years old sad

Kleinzeit Sat 14-Nov-15 17:12:06

- oh yes,and sometimes it refuses to finish the spin cycle ever because instead of spinning for a fixed time it decides when the clothes are dry and sometimes a few drops of water get sucked back in which is enough to convince the sensor to keep going. Horrible machine.

ANiceSliceOfCake Sat 14-Nov-15 20:24:19

Well that's me off Hotpoint then! It's actually my current 7 year old Hotpoint that's broken too! Thanks everyone.

GrubbyWindows Sat 14-Nov-15 20:38:11

I bought the cheapest which best buy about a year ago, which was an own brand john Lewis. I can't say I love it, but it does the job. I mainly resent it for not being a lovely outdoor washing line, which is not really john Lewis' fault!
It was about 500quid, with a good guarantee.
The rinsing isn't amazing, which is a pain as we have cloth nappies, but I wouldn't notice otherwise
The sensors are pretty good re stopping when it's actually done.

jevoudrais Sat 14-Nov-15 23:19:54

I have a Hotpoint and it's great. FIL is Hotpoint engineer though so no charges for me if it does go wrong, although it had way better reviews than most others I looked at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now