Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What vacuum cleaner?

(11 Posts)
clayspaniel Fri 13-Nov-15 12:08:40

Can anyone recommend a vacuum cleaner? Hose is blocked on my Samsung and I can't work out the model to get new parts. Would prefer a cylinder to an upright.

reni2 Fri 13-Nov-15 12:15:26

Dyson every time.

lborgia Fri 13-Nov-15 15:52:04

Sebo - might not look interesting but unbelievable work horse - I've had mine 15 years and it hasn't skipped a beat. Still picks up everything and does carpets and hard floors equally well. Sort of annoying because I'd love a new one but the damn thing won't die!

MIL has same and i think it's even older.

rabbit123 Sun 15-Nov-15 20:06:53

Another vote for Sebo! Ours is even older and more uninteresting looking. It was a hand-me-down from my in laws when we got our first place together - it's at least 20 years old!

Originally, we were just going to keep it until we could afford a new one. We bought an all singing, all dancing, uber expensive Dyson but it just didn't clean as well as the Sebo and it was really plasticky and not as well made.

We stuck the Dyson on gumtree and stuck to the Sebo. Still going strong now and it's used pretty much everyday.

lborgia Sun 15-Nov-15 20:32:11

I feel like a terrible traitor now. ..i went out yesterday and bought a new hoover!

This thread prompted me to reflect how little vacuuming i try and do because i have pain problems, so looked at a mini one.

It's a Bosch Athlet and it was expensive but it's very light but still powerful,and cordless. It wouldn't work for proper blitzes but for quick tidy up sessions it's amazing. I'm hoping the kids will still be using it in a few weeks. .they couldn't stop yesterday :-)

hesterton Sun 15-Nov-15 20:39:16

I still miss my lovely sebo. It eventually died after about 17 yrs and I couldn't afford another. Magnificent vacuums.

rabbit123 Sun 15-Nov-15 23:41:36

Iborgia, as long as you're happy with what you bought, that's the important thing. But if you're wanting a vacuum for a big clean up, it's definitely worth looking at Sebo in the future smile

lborgia Mon 16-Nov-15 06:57:01

Oh i still have the sebo, Def will keep it til it dies. .but if we need a big blitz I'm afraid dh will need to do it grin

BikeRunSki Mon 16-Nov-15 07:03:01

GTech Air Ram
- cordless, amazingly light, cleans like a dream and squashes the dust into near little bricks.

BasinHaircut Mon 16-Nov-15 15:44:14

I covet the Gtech air ram.

I've got a Henry and it picks up well but is a bastard to store

OliviaBenson Mon 16-Nov-15 15:52:44

I have the Bosch and I luffs it! Happy hoovering smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now