Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What can I reasonably expect from a cleaner?

(3 Posts)
Kai1977 Wed 11-Nov-15 19:00:10

We have a cleaner who comes to clean our house (including 2 of our 3 bedrooms, main bathroom and cloakroom). She comes for 2 hours a week.

I left separate colour coded cleaning cloths etc for the toilet areas, so they weren't cross contaminated with the cloths for cleaning baths and basins etc. This seems basic to me as it is really unhygenic otherwise but she has mixed them up. Is it too much for me to expect?

Also she doesn't usually empty bins despite my asking before, again is this not standard, even without me asking?

Thanks

BackforGood Wed 11-Nov-15 23:54:34

I think different cloths for different parts of the bathroom is odd - certainly not 'standard', although there will no doubt be some on MN who also do it.

There is no 'standard' list of jobs though - if you want the cleaner to do specific things, then talk with her about it. I'm sure she will not have a problem with emptying bins, it's probably just working out what your priorities are.

80sMum Thu 12-Nov-15 00:10:37

I'm in agreement with you regarding the different cloths, OP. I think it's pretty universal practice in professional cleaning companies to use separate cloths for cleaning toilets. I would not be at all impressed if a cleaner used the same cloth to clean the bath that they had used to clean the loo.
At home, I have always used pink and blue cloths in the bathroom. It's easy to remember "pink for the sink" and "blue for the loo"!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now