Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen cleaning

(6 Posts)
Equimum Tue 10-Nov-15 12:36:10

We have just had our kitchen done, but it's very different from any kitchen I have had before, do I'm not sure how best to look after it. More specifically, how do we keep painted units, porcelain floor and a stainless steel good looking tip top? So:-
1) what is best for wiping down painted units without damaging the paint
2) the floor tiles are a textured, slate effect. Do I just mop them with a general floor cleaning fluid in water, is there a specific product I should use (always has Lino before)
3) every time I have wiped over the hood it has ended up streaky. Is there a way to clean it without getting this effect?

I would really appreciate any guidance, TIA

fluffysox15 Tue 10-Nov-15 13:52:51

Not sure about the rest but baby oil for the stainless steel

Equimum Tue 10-Nov-15 23:52:21

Brilliant, thank-you Fluffysox. Do you just run it in as though polishing?

wowfudge Wed 11-Nov-15 06:13:11

Sugar soap is great for cleaning kitchen surfaces as it cuts through grease and doesn't damage paintwork. It doesn't require much in the way of elbow grease either - just spray it on, leave for about thirty seconds and wipe off. I use it on units, worktop, tiles, cooker hood, glass light shade. No harsh chemical smell, but do wear rubber gloves.

Can the place the floor tiles came from/the manufacturer advise on how to clean them?

Equimum Wed 11-Nov-15 09:48:20

Thanks fudge. I had never thought to use sugar soap for general cleaning (only before painting).

penguinsarecool Wed 11-Nov-15 11:40:28

I'd use some furniture polish that can be used with painted surfaces. My Dad used to use a specific slate floor polish when he did the slate flagstones in the cottage when i was young. Think you can get it from DIY or garden stores. Came up really good. For non streak cleaning of stainless steel i'd use vinegar and tissue paper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now