Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Urine smell in clothing

(17 Posts)
itsonlysubterfuge Thu 05-Nov-15 12:38:28

My DD had an accident at night and hid her trousers, I found them a few days later and after having washed them three times they still smell really strongly of wee. It's so bad that after washing, a pair of clean pants got set on top of them and now they smell of wee too. Wanted to know what was recommended before I went out to buy a lod of stuff that might not work. Thanks.

MediumBox Thu 05-Nov-15 12:40:10

soak in cold water + biogical detergent for a few hours. then wash as usual.

Nonnainglese Thu 05-Nov-15 12:42:20

Definitely soak at least overnight in biological detergent and add some Vanish.

PigletJohn Thu 05-Nov-15 12:45:05

are you using washing powder or liquid?

powders are usually more effective

itsonlysubterfuge Thu 05-Nov-15 17:00:13

I am using powder, but I'm using non-bio, so I guess I'll have to buy a small amount of bio powder from the store and borrow some vanish. Thank you so much!

Maursh Thu 05-Nov-15 17:02:58

Soak in water + half a cup of (white) vinegar
Wash with another half cup of vinegar plus normal detergent

homeaway Fri 06-Nov-15 10:04:53

Get some napisan and soak them in that.

MumOfTheMoment Fri 06-Nov-15 10:07:58

And don't wash at 30°.

MumOfTheMoment Fri 06-Nov-15 10:08:35

^^ sorry that looks bossier that I meant it! blush

dibdobs Sat 07-Nov-15 07:30:14

Ive recently found out putting some zoflora disinfectant in with the fabric conditioner gets rid of wee smells in my sons clothes, beforehand his clothes were still smelling even after washing

UterusUterusGhali Sun 08-Nov-15 16:35:30

My DS still wets regularly.

Bio & 60° works for me. (I hope! I might just have hot used to the smell of wee. blush )

AskBasil Sun 08-Nov-15 18:43:53

Bicarb of soda

Melfish Mon 09-Nov-15 22:29:25

From doing DMs hospital washing, soak in Zoflora (a small bottle's about a quid from the corner shop), then wash with just washing powder (no fabric conditioner) and then dry on the line. The extra rinse from the rain is always a help! I has white spirit stinking washing the other day and hanging it outside for a couple of days really shifted the smell, which is as insiduous as wee.

howtorebuild Mon 09-Nov-15 22:32:11

Borrow vanish? shock

itsonlysubterfuge Tue 10-Nov-15 19:21:47

howtore From my MIL, I don't have any of my own and she has huge bottles, so I would just borrow a small amount.

I have bought some bio powder and I normally wash at 40, so I will put it on the hot wash and use bio powder.

Thank you for suggestions, if that doesn't work will definitely try some of the others, just wanted to try the easiest one first grin.

itsonlysubterfuge Tue 10-Nov-15 19:22:41

In fact thinking about it, I won't actually be giving her the Vanish back, so I will just have to take it, but that doesn't sound as nice.

Mintyy Tue 10-Nov-15 19:24:21

How odd. Urine usually washes out really easily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now