Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pillow recommendations for my sore neck please!

(9 Posts)
artylady14 Thu 05-Nov-15 12:22:35

I suffer from neck pain and as well as getting it treated, I want to buy new pillows. Can anyone recommend the best type for sleeping correctly? thanks!

willfuckformichilenstarfood Fri 06-Nov-15 00:00:29

In Dunelm they advise you what pillow you need based on how you sleep. My aches and pains have certainly subsided since purchasing based on their recommendations x

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Fri 06-Nov-15 00:19:51

Neck problems here too. I've weaned myself off a pillow and sometimes use a thin partially rolled up towel (sort if sausage shaped), just under the neck.

NeuNewNouveau Fri 06-Nov-15 00:32:50

I got a side sleeper pillow from Argos for about £10. It is brilliant and has totally taken away my neck and shoulder pain that I used to have every morning when using my posh goose pillows. I still use them for sitting up in bed but for sleep one side sleeper pillow is brilliant.

rabbit123 Fri 06-Nov-15 08:37:58

Dunlopillo! They're on the pricey side but definitely one of the best investments we've ever made. No neck or back pain at all.

daisychicken Fri 06-Nov-15 08:55:57

What if you sleep on your side and on your back? Is there a pillow that will suit both? I too am having neck problems. While away the other week I got to try a feather pillow which was thick and solid - it was great! So I purchased one... it's awful. Hence I'm reluctant to spend more money without knowing what is best.

artylady14 Fri 06-Nov-15 10:04:35

I went on the Dunlopillo website and there were lots of different pillow types and I just didnt know which one to choose for the best! It doesnt seem to show prices either? How much are they Rabbit123?

I am going to see an osteopath I am in so much pain but need to sort the pillows out as I wake up uncomfortable and stiff. I did see this on Amazon but dont know how I will find sleeping on it!

www.amazon.co.uk/Snug-Single-Contour-COOLMAX-washable/dp/B00AKG8F6K/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1446804244&sr=1-1&keywords=orthopaedic+pillow

WingsClipped Fri 06-Nov-15 22:35:15

DH had a tempur pillow as he suffers from neck and back issues so it helps. I stole his pillow when he was away and I felt so much better in the mornings that I had to get my own. They are very very expensive but he has had his one for a couple of years and it's still like new.

Rosie70 Sat 07-Nov-15 08:22:09

Have also been sleeping on feather pillows and suffering neck pain and insomnia. Im a side sleeper. Bought a pack of two Silentnight Ultabounce last weekend (i think that was name, have chucked packaging and doesnt say on label). Sleep has been transformed, neck pain gone. 12 quid for two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now