Talk

Advanced search

Help! Black biro on cream sofa - how to remove?

(10 Posts)
SmileAndNod Sat 24-Oct-15 15:40:50

While I was out having an hour off, Mr Nobody came into the lounge and drew over the sofa in black biroangry

Is there any way of getting it out? I've just been to the supermarket but they don't sell stain remover other than vanish. Anything household I can try?

It's not just a little bit either, and is really noticeablesad

mintbiscuit Sat 24-Oct-15 15:59:41

Hairspray! Spray a bit on and rub gently. Repeat as needed. May not get it out completely but should make a difference.

Bimblywibble Sat 24-Oct-15 19:00:07

We have had luck with meths in the past

Dionysuss Sat 24-Oct-15 22:12:17

Nail polish remover

Exhaustednorthernlass Sat 24-Oct-15 22:14:54

Hairspray works. Spray it until properly wet then blot it with a clean white cloth. I've used baby muslins in the past that worked brilliantly.

BlackGirlAndRobin Sat 24-Oct-15 22:18:08

Hair spray on a cotton bud asap. You don't want to spray it directly on the sofa as it could cause another stain.

lostscot Sat 24-Oct-15 22:21:47

Wet wipes? After realising how good they were at stains I stopped to fleece wipes on ds bottom!

SmileAndNod Mon 26-Oct-15 20:18:53

Thanks for the tips. I drenched it in hairspray, washed it and hung out all day and all night yesterday and it's come up really well. Still a couple of very faint marks but only noticeable if you look up close.
MN is great. Now if I could work out how to get biro off the walls...

CMOTDibbler Mon 26-Oct-15 20:20:08

Off the walls, you use one of those magic erasers

mintbiscuit Mon 26-Oct-15 21:05:24

I love those magic erasers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now